rebanded systems on a `396XT, do i have to set the custom freq tables to track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey there, going to be programming some rebanded Ohio systems for when i head to Dayton this year, and i need to know, with the BCD396XT, do i still need to set the custom frequency tables to properly track a rebanded system or don`t i need to bother with those with this scanner anymore (would be a lot nicer if i didn`t have to worry about them tables, i did some ones i had already in the unit that way, but i thought i`d ask and satisfy my curiousity :))? Thanx for the help, mabey see some of ya at Dayton :D! N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanx! Sure will be a lot less trouble if i don`t have to set them tables, those were a PAIN with my `396T :(. I`ll try it without the tables and see what happens, if you`re right it`ll be really groovy :). Thanx! N9NRA P.S. Just more for curiousity, if ya don`t need to set custom rebanding tables in a `396XT, then why does the tha manual mention it? Unless there`s some out there that really HAVE to have custom bandplan info or don`t send that info on the control channel? intresting, and thanx for the info! 73.

teufler

I had brought his up several months ago. Moderators smarter than me, said I didn't have to. This was taken care of in some Firmware update..I had also asked about the APCO band plan, which turned out was useless.

teufler

I have tried the rebanding info 851.025 25 440 and 851.0125 24 440. I could hear no difference so I guess it was true. These scanners are smarter than me sometimes, really all of the time but I try to fool myself.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hey there, going to be programming some rebanded Ohio systems for when i head to Dayton this year, and i need to know, with the BCD396XT, do i still need to set the custom frequency tables to properly track a rebanded system or don`t i need to bother with those with this scanner anymore (would be a lot nicer if i didn`t have to worry about them tables, i did some ones i had already in the unit that way, but i thought i`d ask and satisfy my curiousity :))? Thanx for the help, mabey see some of ya at Dayton :D! N9NRA

Your BCD396XT will need to be programmed as instructed on the page below to track any rebanded systems. If you downloaded from the database this information should have been included:

File:FS rebanding v.8.JPG - The RadioReference Wiki

DickH

Hey there, going to be programming some rebanded Ohio systems for when i head to Dayton this year, and i need to know, with the BCD396XT, do i still need to set the custom frequency tables to properly track a rebanded system ...

It depends on the freqs. used in each system. If a freq. has a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 852-2500) you must use the custom tables in order to track it.
If all the freqs. have a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 852-2125) you do NOT need the tables to track it.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
It depends on the freqs. used in each system. If a freq. has a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 852-2500) you must use the custom tables in order to track it.
If all the freqs. have a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 852-2125) you do NOT need the tables to track it.

I didn't have to do anything more than subtract 15 MHz from the original frequencies. 2 sites in Michigan's MPSCS system that I monitor often were rebanded. In the Wayne County Simulcast site the 4th digit on both control channels are zero and the 4th digit of the Northville control channel is zero and the 4th digit of all of the alternate control channels for both sites are 5. When I reprogrammed my 396xt I just changed the frequencies from 867.xxxx to 852.xxxx or 868.xxxx to 853.xxxx, I did not set up custom tables and I have no trouble monitoring these 2 sites.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I didn't have to do anything more than subtract 15 MHz from the original frequencies. 2 sites in Michigan's MPSCS system that I monitor often were rebanded. In the Wayne County Simulcast site the 4th digit on both control channels are zero and the 4th digit of the Northville control channel is zero and the 4th digit of all of the alternate control channels for both sites are 5. When I reprogrammed my 396xt I just changed the frequencies from 867.xxxx to 852.xxxx or 868.xxxx to 853.xxxx, I did not set up custom tables and I have no trouble monitoring these 2 sites.
In your specific case, the custom tables are not needed because MPSCS is a P25 Standard system. For that system type, the table information needed is present in the data stream of the control channel, and the scanner can get it's information without you having to manually input it.

For an analog system, Motorola Type II, or a Type II system that uses digital talkgroups but is not a true P25 Standard system (such as Ohio's MARCS), then the custom table must be entered in programming the scanner if the system frequencies are as DickH described.

Status
Not open for further replies.