Rebanding and the PRO-97/2055?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The December MT discusses rebanding in the Scanning Report column, and unfortunately gets a couple of details wrong (for example, that the PRO-2096 and PRO-96 had firmware fixes for rebanding, which is untrue).

However the following wiki article suggests that the 97 and 2055 can be adjusted, much like Win96 can make the PRO-96/2096 work on rebanded systems..

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PSR-300/400_Software_and_USB_Support

I think some of the confusion lies in the fact that Win97 also supports the GRE/RS scanners, and those CAN be rebanded.

Check my understanding here? If that's the case, a comment to that effect can be added for clarity. And precisely which scanner(s) need firmware 1.06 or better? The RS scanners?

73 Mike

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks Dave, but yes, I did know that....I think the RS scanners had the firmware fixes for rebanding at version 1.06, right? That bottom part of the wiki article is none too clear and that's what I need to clean up.

73 Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, in the links it pointed to the changes that included the custom tables.

GRE: Latest release of PSR-300/400 "CPU G1.06" Firmware has been released.

New in this version -
Firmware version 1.06 provides the following enhancement to your
PSR-300/400 trunked scanning receiver:

Custom programmable trunking tables
Adds custom programmable trunking table functionality to the PSR-300 and PSR-
400. This feature allows the configuration of custom trunking band plans, such as
those used in rebanded 800 MHz Motorola™ trunked radio systems that utilize 3600
baud control channels.

RadioShack: New in this version
Firmware version 1.06 provides the following enhancement to your 20-163/20-164 Triple Trunking Radio Scanner:
Custom programmable trunking tables
Add custom programmable trunking table functionality to the 20-163/20-164. This feature allows the configuration of custom trunking band plans, such as those used in rebanded 800 MHz Motorola™ trunked radio systems that utilize 3600 baud control channels.

D

DaveNF2G

I wish Radio Shack would refer to their products by the model numbers. I have no idea what a 20-163 is, but I do know the PRO-whatever series.

Status
Not open for further replies.