Rebanding confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK6KLU

I know that this has been beaten to death but I am so confused.

I have a BC346XT that is new to me. I am using freescan and downloading frequencies from here.

If I want to download a trunked system from here do I need to do anything to my scanner or do the downloads already reflect any rebanding that needs to be done?
Are these downloads of trunked systems "plug and play," or is there tweaking involved?

If I do need to make changes are they just for the system that I am using or are the changes global for any trunked system out there (I am assuming that all trunked systems have been rebanded by now).

Do I need to do it just once or for every system I download?

I am confused. I have searched the forums and all of the information I am finding seems a bit above my head at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this has been asked billions of times (I am sure it has).

-Bill

kma371

QRT
as long as you've updated to the current firmware it should be automatic if downloaded from freescan.

KK6KLU

Thanks! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to tweak something and inadvertently screw EVERYthing up!

Tweaking will come with time as I learn more about the scanner. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again!!!

n4yek

All 800 motorola trunk systems were required to reband. EDACS and LTR systems are NOT affected
1) after a system is rebanded, if ALL freqs in the system end like xxx.xx25 or xxx.xx75 then any trunk scanner will be able to follow it without any extra programming.
Here is an example of this type of system (see the system freqs): Knoxville/Knox County Public Safety Trunking System, Knoxville, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
2) other rebanded motorola systems will have to have the reband table included in the system you create:
Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki
Each rebanded system you create, with the exception of what was discuss in line 1,
will have to have this done.
Look here: Chattanooga/Hamilton County Public Safety Trunking System, Chattanooga, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Under the system freqs, site 1 does not have to have the reband tables entered.
BUT sites 2 and 3 will have to have the reband tables entered.
So if you only listened to site 1 you would have nothing to worry about. If you only monitor Site 2 then you would have to use them.

If you use Freescan, it should set all of that for you if you use the download feature.

Last edited:

KK6KLU

You Gents are great! Thanks for the replies and information. I can feel the fog lifting a little now.

Mr. Harp, I am taking my Tech exam on 01MAR14. I have been studying like mad and hope to pass!

-Bill

n4yek

You Gents are great! Thanks for the replies and information. I can feel the fog lifting a little now.

Mr. Harp, I am taking my Tech exam on 01MAR14. I have been studying like mad and hope to pass!

-Bill

I am sure you will do great and I know you will enjoy the hobby. Also having a license can keep you out of trouble in states were scanners in vehicles are prohibited to the general public. There is always an exception in the law that allows 'hams' to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.