Rebanding effect on Pro2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, please forgive my ignorance here. But will the Pro-2006 with the 800 mod be effected by rebanding?

Also (I know this is the Radio Shack thread, but...) will it effect a Uniden BC370CRS?

:confused:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Neither radio is a trunktracker, so apart from reprogramming frequencies, the answer is no...Mike

Cool, Thanks!

Did you just jump on Ebay and do some bidding?!? :lol:

No activity all day, then immediately after posting this all the 2006's jumped WAY up! :lol:

N8IAA

Hey guys, please forgive my ignorance here. But will the Pro-2006 with the 800 mod be effected by rebanding?

Also (I know this is the Radio Shack thread, but...) will it effect a Uniden BC370CRS?

Well, the 800 mod was to receive transmissions that were not of public service type:wink: It didn't change the step sizes that are in the 2006.
The 370 has set step sizes. And, as Mike has stated, neither one is even an analog trunktracker.
So, have you tried entering the lower frequencies? That would be the way to find out:)
HTH,
Larry

The local services have yet to all update their systems. I still get broadcasts on frequencies anywhere from 150's, to high 800's. I'm just concerned that once they all update their systems my 370 would be a paper weight (living close to the ocean in a "hurricane zone", a scanner is MANDATORY IMO).

I was looking to try to pick up a 2006 on Ebay for cheap just as something to tinker with, but after posting my question on here, ALL of them for sale immediately JUMPED up in price from about $60 bucks, to 3 or 4 times that. :lol:

sjlamb

The local services have yet to all update their systems. I still get broadcasts on frequencies anywhere from 150's, to high 800's. I'm just concerned that once they all update their systems my 370 would be a paper weight (living close to the ocean in a "hurricane zone", a scanner is MANDATORY IMO).

I was looking to try to pick up a 2006 on Ebay for cheap just as something to tinker with, but after posting my question on here, ALL of them for sale immediately JUMPED up in price from about $60 bucks, to 3 or 4 times that. :lol:

The Pro-2006 has a true top-end value of about $75-$125.00 these days. To quote your #s, anyone who pays $180-$240 for a Pro-2006 should be evaluated for severe mental health issues. I don't know what you're looking at on eBay but, if you re-check, you'll find that not a single used stock Pro-2006 has sold in the price range you describe. With a little patience, you should have no problem picking up a good, clean Pro-2006 for $60 or less.

Last edited:
The Pro-2006 has a true top-end value of about $75-$125.00 these days. To quote your #s, anyone who pays $180-$240 for a Pro-2006 should be evaluated for severe mental health issues. I don't know what you're looking at on eBay but, if you re-check, you'll find that not a single used stock Pro-2006 has sold in the price range you describe. With a little patience, you should have no problem picking up a good, clean Pro-2006 for $60 or less.

Have you seen the one on there right now that's been bid up to $250 with days to go on the auction?!? :lol:

New in Box Radio Shack Realistic Pro-2006 400-Channel Programmable Scanner | eBay

I still like the radio, but JEESH! Nothing saying the thing even works for sure!

Last edited:

sphipps

I picked up my super nice 2006 with new backlight in the box with paperwork at a hamfest recently for $35.

If they were currently selling on Ebay for $200, I'd be listing mine immediately... but I wouldn't mess with it for $60. It's worth more than that to me.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber

The Pro-2006 does not have the 6.25 khz.VHF and 7.5 khz. UHF steps to support narrowbanding. The scanner rounds things off to the nearest step. So, while you will still hear everything, some departments will be a little bit on the low end and you may have to crank up the volume much higher than normal. F.Y.I.

Manny

Last edited:

John47

Big Cheese Stick,

I have a 2006 still working, have 800 freqs along with others, light seems dim, but it is 22 yrs old, will part with it send me email lets discuss

John 47

Appreciate the offer! I've been doing as much research as I can online and it seems SC is soon going digital, and there's even talk of the law agencies being encrypted. Those are the fun ones to listen to!

So not sure what I'm gonna do yet... May even stick with my old BCT8 until I hear more on the encryption thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.