Rebanding in Sacramento or Roseville

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanusb

They would like to put them here:

15675 Jackson - Sloughouse Road
Rancho Murieta, CA SACRAMENTO County

Thats too funny. I was just gonna post saying that I hoped 1 of the 4 sites would be out near Sloughouse and Rancho Muerita. They needed a site, very very very badly.

crucialcolin

I must be doing something wrong I just updated my firmware on my bc246T to support rebranding. Then reprogrammed the entire database for roseville with the new frequencies back into my scanner only to find the talk group ids not working. Is anyone else having trouble with it?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Roseville TRS

I must be doing something wrong I just updated my firmware on my bc246T to support rebranding. Then reprogrammed the entire database for roseville with the new frequencies back into my scanner only to find the talk group ids not working. Is anyone else having trouble with it?
Nope. I programmed all 11 frequencies into my PSR-300, selected the correct trunking table and that was it. I did not need to change the TG IDs. The 7th frequency in the list was the cc today. It usually changes at midnight. I watched the voice channel for about an hour and found it interesting that all of them fit the format of 85x.xxx0 MHz; the freqs that won't track in older scanners.

crucialcolin

Nope. I programmed all 11 frequencies into my PSR-300, selected the correct trunking table and that was it. I did not need to change the TG IDs. The 7th frequency in the list was the cc today. It usually changes at midnight. I watched the voice channel for about an hour and found it interesting that all of them fit the format of 85x.xxx0 MHz; the freqs that won't track in older scanners.

I'm not sure what I did but i went through the instructions again here:
BC246TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
resetting up the band plan. All I can figure is I made a typo first go around or the settings didn't take.. Now its working at least with PD(haven't heard fire yet). Seems to not be all that much activity tonight as well which could also have thrown me off.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Did you program the TGIDs into the new system in the scanner? (You don't mention whether you are using software for programming or by hand...).

crucialcolin

yeah I did it manually by hand using the scanner as I don't have software for it. I'm not sure there is even software for it that will work on a mac.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
use the setup like i posted on the previous page -
you cant use control channel only - (talking about uniden scanners etc -the rest i dont know )
and you just enter in the 11 freqs (851.7125 is the 11th ) and it will find the data channel for you no worries

right now the control channel is 853.3500 waiting to see if it switches at midnight or when they have it set to change

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
so far data channels have been 853.350 and today data channel is 853.050

we will see what tomorrow is - whether they went with 2 , 3 or 4 data channels

my GUESS is just 2 with only 11 channels or so

most cdc only use 1 channel - but rotate between 2 repeaters on same freq to cycle the rptrs

abiu01

Premium Subscriber
Rs pro-164

Having trouble programming my RS PRO-164 for the Roseville rebanding. This radio is supposedly the
same as a PSR-300. Put the new freqs in, but have been unable to put in the custom info, ie, the base
freq, offset and spacing. I noticed that gmclam was using a PSR-300, maybe he could tell me the secret.
By the way, the radio firmware has been upgraded.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Can't you hear us now? Roseville Police and Fire radio frequencies rebanded

Press Release

[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]2/25/2010[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]PRESS RELEASE #10-3[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Subject :[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Can't you hear us now? Roseville Police and Fire radio frequencies rebanded[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Contact :[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Dee Dee Gunther, Police Public Information Officer (916)774-5015/257-1942
ddgunther@roseville.ca.us
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Can't you hear us now? Those who enjoy listening to Roseville Police and Fire Department radio traffic at home may be experiencing problems with their home radio scanners. That's because the City of Roseville has rebanded its 800 MHz public safety radio frequencies. Rebanding is a federally mandated nationwide project aimed at fitting more public safety radio frequencies into a limited bandwidth, conserving and making the best use of a public resource.

For more information about the nationwide rebanding project, and links that will help you upgrade and reprogram your scanner to pick up the newly rebanded frequencies, please click here or visit RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and search "rebanding".
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]###[/FONT]​

crucialcolin

so far data channels have been 853.350 and today data channel is 853.050

we will see what tomorrow is - whether they went with 2 , 3 or 4 data channels

my GUESS is just 2 with only 11 channels or so

most cdc only use 1 channel - but rotate between 2 repeaters on same freq to cycle the rptrs

hrm so they did change last night. I noticed that RPD is still working on my scanner tonight but didnt noticed they moved the data channels. Hopefully they will decide on the data channels soon ;)

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Classy

Many paranoid agencies in many states would fall on their virtual swords before issuing such a press release.
Press Release

[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]2/25/2010[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]PRESS RELEASE #10-3[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Subject :[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Can't you hear us now? Roseville Police and Fire radio frequencies rebanded[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Contact :[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Dee Dee Gunther, Police Public Information Officer (916)774-5015/257-1942
ddgunther@roseville.ca.us
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif]Can't you hear us now? Those who enjoy listening to Roseville Police and Fire Department radio traffic at home may be experiencing problems with their home radio scanners. That's because the City of Roseville has rebanded its 800 MHz public safety radio frequencies. Rebanding is a federally mandated nationwide project aimed at fitting more public safety radio frequencies into a limited bandwidth, conserving and making the best use of a public resource...[/font]
Roseville, City of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Roseville, California - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
hrm so they did change last night. I noticed that RPD is still working on my scanner tonight but didnt noticed they moved the data channels. Hopefully they will decide on the data channels soon ;)

The data channel will keep changing, its normally every 24 hours for Roseville. Did the same thing on the old frequencies as well.

As long as you have all the rebanded frequencies and the proper band plan programed you should be ok.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
The data channel will keep changing, its normally every 24 hours for Roseville. Did the same thing on the old frequencies as well.

As long as you have all the rebanded frequencies and the proper band plan programed you should be ok.

Ok everyone, I have a question: I did the update a couple days ago when avtarsingh posted it, and included the custom bandplan that he showed in the submission. Because I haven't worked on a lot of TRS's, I asked other Admins to review it for errors. I was told that I should not have included the bandplan because it looked like only a partial bandplan, and unless the system was non-standard, I shouldn't need it.

So, I went in and deleted the bandplan I had entered, and just kept the updated frequencies. Anyone who has already made the leap and is getting reception (and knows TRS systems), please let me know by PM or submission whether there needs to be a bandplan, and if so, what the complete bandplan is.

I can't do it myself because I have a PRO=97, and they just put me out of the Roseville monitoring business until I can get a new scanner...damn.

Thanks,

David

Markinsac

Ok everyone, I have a question: I did the update a couple days ago when avtarsingh posted it, and included the custom bandplan that he showed in the submission. Because I haven't worked on a lot of TRS's, I asked other Admins to review it for errors. I was told that I should not have included the bandplan because it looked like only a partial bandplan, and unless the system was non-standard, I shouldn't need it.

So, I went in and deleted the bandplan I had entered, and just kept the updated frequencies. Anyone who has already made the leap and is getting reception (and knows TRS systems), please let me know by PM or submission whether there needs to be a bandplan, and if so, what the complete bandplan is.

I do know that the way it was in the database last night does not work on my 396XT. I could see it scan the group, and I could see the display flash quickly on the groups I had selected and return back to the scan without putting anything out to the speaker. I'm using Freescan.

I'll try the updates tonight.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164 or PSR-300 for Roseville

Having trouble programming my RS PRO-164 for the Roseville rebanding. This radio is supposedly the same as a PSR-300. Put the new freqs in, but have been unable to put in the custom info, ie, the base freq, offset and spacing.
Base, offset and spacing do not apply to 800 MHz trunking in this radio. That would be used for 400 MHz UHF systems.

I noticed that gmclam was using a PSR-300, maybe he could tell me the secret. By the way, the radio firmware has been upgraded.
I am running v1.06 firmware. V1.07 corrects a problem with EDACS. I use WIN97. Go to the bank where you've programmed Roseville. On the upper right of the screen, select "multi-table". Click on "Extended Tables" and select "800 MHz Rebanded". Program the new data in to your scanner.

abiu01

Premium Subscriber
Re: PRO-164

Thanks for the info guys! Apparently there is some difference between the PSR-300 and the Pro-164 in that
after further searching of info, I found out that the tables can only be entered in the Pro-164 by using software programming. I have the software, but I thought it would be a simple matter to put the Roseville channels in reprogram the radio. Oh Well. Anyway, all is well, radio works just fine now. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.