Rebanding in Sacramento or Roseville

Status
Not open for further replies.

selgaran

Can anyone confirm the status of the City of Davis and the University of California Davis systems? I am not able to pick up the City of Davis system and I don't get out that way very much but I do still get the University of California Davis on the old frequencies.

My understanding is that both of these systems have completed rebanding programming, but they are not going to complete the site work and flip the switch until SRRCS rebands to avoid having mutual aid issues.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Roseville Fire BC1 came up on SRRCS FCOMA2 and asked Fire Dispatch to do a radio check with him on a tac channel. Both FCOMA2 and FT A9 radio checks were loud and clear.

crucialcolin

Sounds like Roseville PD is up to something atm. They are being told not to use the regular channels by dispatch..something about IT is testing them.

I heard a couple of units talking about going to channel 14 on their car radios.

So I'm wondering if they may not be done yet with the rebanding process in Roseville.

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Roseville 800 system

While out mobile on Thursday, I heard a transmission over Roseville Fire VHF that there was a problem with 800 and that everyone should switch to VHF until further notice. It is a good thing they have VHF to fall back on. It sounded like a computer issue.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This morning I noticed what sounds like a control channel on 868.4375. Up until today I have always gotten Los Rios PD's P25 transmissions on SRRCS site 2 over this frequency.

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Roseville PD is up to something atm. They are being told not to use the regular channels by dispatch..something about IT is testing them.

I heard a couple of units talking about going to channel 14 on their car radios.

So I'm wondering if they may not be done yet with the rebanding process in Roseville.

While out mobile on Thursday, I heard a transmission over Roseville Fire VHF that there was a problem with 800 and that everyone should switch to VHF until further notice. It is a good thing they have VHF to fall back on. It sounded like a computer issue.

Anyone know if both FD and PD are on VHF? Roseville PD's old 155.565 is now being used by Nevada County.

I know Roseville had made a request a while back to use the VCALL and VTAC channels in the event of a 800MHz system failure but I am not sure if the request was granted or not.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Anyone know if both FD and PD are on VHF? Roseville PD's old 155.565 is now being used by Nevada County.

I know Roseville had made a request a while back to use the VCALL and VTAC channels in the event of a 800MHz system failure but I am not sure if the request was granted or not.

Roseville PD does not have VHF capability in their vehicles, unless it has been added in the last couple years. When I worked there, I was the only officer on the street who had a VHF radio in his car, and that was because I added it for interop with Rocklin, Lincoln, and PCSO. When they went 800, they went all the way, dropping their license (Nev Co has it now), and replacing their VHF radios with 800 radios.

I wasn't aware of the request for V-channels. To use them, they would have to sink a lot of money into radios and infrastructure to bring their VHF system back online (not that big $$ is a major issue with Roseville)...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Roseville PD 800 backup

Roseville PD does not have VHF capability in their vehicles, unless it has been added in the last couple years.
Do they have ANY 'conventional' channel capability? Such as UHF or 800 MHz? At the time I heard Fire indicate the 800 system was down, I didn't even wonder how PD was getting by. Now I wonder. It seems like they should be able to use a CLEMARS channel, mutual aid frequency or even a TG on the SRRCS in these type of situations.

NWtoSFO

RPD was using CLEMARS last summer while doing surveillance behind the water park on Taylor Rd. I'm guessing they weren't in marked patrol cars.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Do they have ANY 'conventional' channel capability? Such as UHF or 800 MHz? At the time I heard Fire indicate the 800 system was down, I didn't even wonder how PD was getting by. Now I wonder. It seems like they should be able to use a CLEMARS channel, mutual aid frequency or even a TG on the SRRCS in these type of situations.

They have 800 conventional capability (800 CLEMARS, I-tacs, etc), but no other radios in the cars other than a scanner. At the time I was there, the scanners were basic 16-channel VHF/UHF scanners. Bear in mind that was almost five years ago, so anything is possible now.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
RPD was using CLEMARS last summer while doing surveillance behind the water park on Taylor Rd. I'm guessing they weren't in marked patrol cars.

The detective units used to have VHF capability by using HT's (portables). The surveillance equipment was VHF-High band, some encrypted/scrambled, some not.

crucialcolin

I've noticed that Roseville seems to have a lot more antennas on their patrol cars vs other surrounding agencies like rocklin, etc including some in the SRRCS. From what I can remember they all are smaller(which leans towards 800mhz) antennas though.

Also I'm sure some of them have to do with the MPC(in car computers) which they seem to have lots of problems with anyways lol. I swear I constantly hear the officers mentioning their computer just crashed, or is frozen, etc multiple times a day. I believe they are using some pretty outdated touchscreen systems.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that Roseville seems to have a lot more antennas on their patrol cars vs other surrounding agencies like rocklin, etc including some in the SRRCS.
Is that because Roseville is equipped with Lo-Jack while Rocklin/etc is not? Not all Sacramento LE cars have Lo-Jack.

Sac916

Is that because Roseville is equipped with Lo-Jack while Rocklin/etc is not? Not all Sacramento LE cars have Lo-Jack.

Common antennas
Lojack
ETS
MDT
AirCard
GPS
Radio(s)

Like gmclam stated, not all cars are created equal.

crucialcolin

wow that K9 sheriff unit has qutie a few antennas on it(even more then most of the Roseville cars i think). But your right some cars have more then others in each individual agency let alone different ones. It has a lot to do with the purpose and use of a particular car. Take undercovers for example they usually don't have much ;)

I forgot that Roseville has the tracking stuff, signal 1000s for example(not sure if it includes lowjack) but its usually for locating items that have been placed around town from time to time which gets activated when they get stolen or tampered. Also they have Project Lifesaver system were they can locate at risk missing persons. I assume the GPS antenna is for tracking as well.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
a lot of chp k9 cars (almost all) have a small uhf antenna on the trunk for the remote doggy door
they have an actuator hooked up to rear door and officer can press doggy door to open actuator if he needs help and out comes the pooch
you can also see the fancy hood detailing on the k9 cars hood has been detailed to allow more airflow for long idle periods for the dog's comfort while vehicle is idling

you also see a small hockey puck on chp roofs - gps and digital data for mdt

nickbm3

Hi everyone. I have a uniden BCT15 and just today discovered the rebanding. Ive read through this thread on how to set my scanner up, but can't really make much sense of it (still a pretty novice user). I am using the ARC15PRO software, and used the online service to program the new trunk system... is that all i need to do, or are there additional steps?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.