ReBanding Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiana1983

When the 800 radios get reband does that mean that all the handheld radios would need to be turned in to be reprogrammed?? So when that happens will everyone go back to their VHF Frequencies until the rebanding is over with. Bascailly for example: When Bartholomew County Indiana rebands will ever 800 radio be programmed the same time and if so does that mean that all departments will have to convert back to thier VHF frequencies until rebanding is over with and complete.

holeinace

There is s a link in one of the wiki pages that explains it (I know that did not really help) I believe it said the radios would have the new frequencies added, then the tower equipment would be changed, then the radios would have the old frequencies removed.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
When my department's radios were updated recently, the Ra-Comm tech informed me that before any of the new frequencies are in use, every radio in the state must have the new frequencies installed. It's actually a new 'template' as he called it. Once that is done, they will 'flip the switch' so to speak, utilizing the new frequencies. Then they will come back around one more time and uninstall the old template of frequencies. His estimation at that time (Feb/March) was that it would be about a year before the changeover would occur.

There is s a link in one of the wiki pages that explains it (I know that did not really help) I believe it said the radios would have the new frequencies added, then the tower equipment would be changed, then the radios would have the old frequencies removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.