Rebanding of Colorado DTRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Is there a bunch of rebanding underway on the Colorado DTRS? I have seen a bunch of recent new licenses from the FCC. YE & GE IIRC. Peter Sz

jleverin

So what does this mean? I haven't broken down and bought a digital scanner yet, does this mean I need something different to pick up those frequencies? I was warned a while back not to buy a pro 96 because CO might be going to a different system and only the BC396/996 or GRE 500/600 would be able to pick them up. Is this true?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Read the VOLUMES of threads concerning rebanding. Any P25 scanner that worked before will still work. Nothing has changed except the frequencies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
So what does this mean? I haven't broken down and bought a digital scanner yet, does this mean I need something different to pick up those frequencies? I was warned a while back not to buy a pro 96 because CO might be going to a different system and only the BC396/996 or GRE 500/600 would be able to pick them up. Is this true?

Yes and no. The reason that you might want to purchase a 396, 996, 500 or 600 would be if you live in an area that is using 700 MHz, or you want the versatility to listen to the 700 MHz frequencies that are used on the system in some areas.

As others have mentioned, if a radio worked before rebanding it will work just fine after.

Thanks for stopping by and asking some questions even though your welcome here may not have been as warm as I would have hoped :(

jleverin

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll check on it. Pueblo is still pretty much analog anyway but I know it's going digital soon.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
and Pueblo will be using some 700MHz control channel sites.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
jleverin, as always, in a state this size, posting information as to your location will GREATLY help people respond to you.
Although Pueblos upcoming sites are post re-banding, they will indeed be 700mhz only, so consider the Uniden or GRE radios.

jleverin

Okay, thanks much for the info. Sorry I didn't post my location, I'm still a bit of a novice around here...
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.