Rebanding Qustion on my BC996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6454

MY area is rebanding now the date set for my area is 04/22/2008
the frequecy drop is 15Mhz accoring to the database on here under MN ARMER.
Can anone walk me through what i have to do to my BC996T and BC796D?
Is lowering the frequencies all i have to do?
If so,im not very up on the step for doing this
i do have the ARC 996 sotware&Arc250 software but lost there as well.
Thank you in advance from FRidley,MN

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
If it's a Motorola system you're talking about, then the scanner probably won't be able to track it once the system has been rebanded. You will have to wait for a firmware upgrade from Uniden. It all depends on what system and what model scanner you have. If it's an EDACS system, all you need to do is to program in all the new frequencies in the proper LCN order and start scanning.

mike6454

Re;Uniden /rebanding

My area is edacs APCO-25
they call the systems out here p-25's
So if frequcy changes are all i need to do
im lost on how to change these by 15Mhz down
Would i do this with my ARC 996 Software or manually into the scanners?

Highpockets

mike6454 said:
My area is edacs APCO-25

Say the frequency is 866.1235 change it to 851.1235 - 15 off the 866, I guess you could do it faster with the software.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
mike6454 said:
My area is edacs APCO-25

I'm not sure that sort of system is physically possible... How about a link?

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
mike6454 said:
My area is edacs APCO-25
The MN ARMER system is not EDACS, it's a standard P-25 system. I'm just a few miles from you in Blaine so I also listen mainly to Anoka Co. So far, it does look like all we will need to do is drop each control channel by 15mhz. This can be done either manually or with the software, either way it's a pretty easy change to make.

I've never used ARC996, but I'm going to assume it's nearly identical to ARC396. Just click on the desired system, then click on the tab that says "trunk frequencies" and subtract 15mhz off of each frequency.

Currently the Anoka Co frequencies are:

After rebanding they wil be:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Upman (Uniden Rep) stated on the 396-996 yahoo board that the up-coming Firmware upgrade will NOT include "Rebanding " to these models, it will take 2-4 months to study the Motorola Rebanding and then issue a release on "Rebanding Firmware for these models after that....

Viper43

RoninJoliet said:
Upman (Uniden Rep) stated on the 396-996 yahoo board that the up-coming Firmware upgrade will NOT include "Rebanding " to these models, it will take 2-4 months to study the Motorola Rebanding and then issue a release on "Rebanding Firmware for these models after that....

I'd bet GRE will have it figured out and a firmware upgrade before Uniden does, I give Uniden 1 year..... due to past experiance Uniden updates.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Not sure where you'd come up with that WAG from... Common sense would tell you that the delay for both scanner makers will be minimal.

Look at the last time rebanding took place...

Oh wait - never happened before, so there's no history to compare from :)

When Detroit MPSCS became unscannable on the Unidens, it was fixed VERY quickly.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
For some reason or another, I thought the Uniden 396's and 996's would NOT have an issue with re-banding, as all the changed ARMER frequencies are within the frequency limits (849.0125 to 868.9875).

So if re-banding was already "dealt with", why would the firmware change for this be necessary?

fireant

The only thing that the Unidens could handle without a firmware update is an EDACS or a P25 or LTR systems. Most others will have to be updated through firmware upgrades.

Viper 43 have to agree a year or longer with the updates to be available from Uniden for rebanded systems.

fireant

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I already "won" money on the earlier firmware thread when someone horribly lost a Uniden update bet, I'll take another wager that it'll be NOTABLY less than a year for rebanding. I'll quote you guys so the posts don't disappear ;)

Viper43 said:
I'd bet GRE will have it figured out and a firmware upgrade before Uniden does, I give Uniden 1 year.....

fireant said:
Viper 43 have to agree a year or longer with the updates to be available from Uniden for rebanded systems.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Minnesota's ARMER is a P25 system, thus the 996 and 396 can handle the re-banding without a firmware change.

Viper43

rdale said:
Not sure where you'd come up with that WAG from... Common sense would tell you that the delay for both scanner makers will be minimal.

Look at the last time rebanding took place...

Oh wait - never happened before, so there's no history to compare from :)

When Detroit MPSCS became unscannable on the Unidens, it was fixed VERY quickly.

rdale..... Uniden does have a past of NOT getting firmware updates out..... when was the last one? Over a year ago, and it still isn't out, it doesn't matter if it's rebanding or any of the major complaints that have fallen on deaf ears, some since the 396 first came out and they still haven't dealt with these issues.
BEFORE even trying to deal with rebanding Uniden MUST take care of the issues they have ignored all this time..... I hope Upman sees that, because if not even more users are going to bail on Uniden and go to GRE, especially since it appears GRE has these problem systems working on their scanners.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
When Detroit MPSCS became unmonitorable, it was what - two weeks before they released a fix?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
rdale and Viper:

Stop this OT nonsense. No more warnings for either of you.

----------------------------
To the OP, the ARMER is (as has been stated) a Project 25 system. The rebanding problem that exists in relation to Motorola systems does not exist for any other type of system except Motorola. You may have to change frequencies but your radio will work just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.