Rebanding - Rutherford County, Smyrna Public Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougEast

Hello,

Sorry for the need of a hand hold, here... but can anyone tell me how to program my PSR-500 for the rebanding that took place for the Smyrna Public Safety system? I'm just not real up on how to do all that stuff... :(

If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

DougEast

OK -- I have an update... I found and entered the 'rebanded' freq's and found an old post about the custom tables and, much to my surprise, those entries were already abvailable in Starsoft's WIN500 under the "Trunking Tables" button -- so I entered those as the trunking tables for the Smyrna Public Service system. Every now and then it appears that I am getting a hit, however, I am not hearing anything -- it is just stopping on a talkgroup, but I don't hear the transmission.

Does anyone ahve any ideas?

Thanks...

================
EDIT: OK -- I am proud and embarrassed at the same time. I didn't have "Trunking Tables" set to Custom... and after I did that it's working!! Sorry fro the waste of time for you guys..

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Make sure all attenuation is off, both GLOBALLY and LOCALLY. Had to do this for an freind when programming his 106 the other night. He was barely getting CC's and had issues such as you describe. We went back in and made sure the attenation was off all around and... BINGO! Look on the screen and hit FUNC ATT and be sure the G goes away.. then hit ATT till all attenuation is off. At least thats how its done on the PRO-106.

*Just saw your edit.. glad you got it fixed...*

Last edited by a moderator:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Went to Murfreesboro today and took a little time to reprogram my PSR-600 and 500 for the Smyrna reband and it took all of about 10 mins for both radios. I set up 6 parameters on the custom table and it works like a charm. Also come across a new talk group and it appears to be the airport fire dept as they were setting up their trucks to get ready for the arrival of the ARNG troops at Smyrna Airport. That talk group was 1504.

Matter of fact i am now picking up Smyrna from Nashville which was pretty much impossible before. At least in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.