Mahoning County
Medina County Transit
Wheeling, WV

In Progress
Cincinnati - subscriber programming
Hamilton County - subscriber programming
Dayton - subscriber programming & exchanges
Pickaway County - subscriber programming & exchanges

All others are in the planning or negotiating stages at this time. If you're one of those happy people who needs to buy a new scanner, better find your checkbook; most of those in the planning stage are probably about to submit their proposals, so we're likely going to see a whole bunch of systems change in a fairly short time span once the infrastructure changes begin.

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
what dose subscriber programming & exchanges mean still new to this got a new scanner tho don't know if i need it but wonted to upgrade to digital tho

jscott02

"subscriber programming and exchanges" means just that. The groups that run each of those systems are in the process of reprogramming and/or exchanging radios attached to the system. Not all radios in service are able to be reprogrammed to the new freq's that are being used by the system.

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
im hearing alot about new radios ashville had the new radios put in there cars one or two weeks ago theres been alot of radio upgrades this month been keeping my eye on the fcc for any changes so far i havent seen any will just keep looking

medic611

Correct me if i'm wrong Tom, but my understanding was the existing equiptment is to remain inservice until all radios and Cad's were updated with new frequencies? At the same time a temporary setup for the new system is to be a mirror image while this takes place ? Once the work is completed and signed off then the old system is turned off. I remember speaking to Mr. Bingman on this a while ago and that was the generic version of events to happen. I worked with him on patching 2 counties into this EDAC's system.

grumpy_hermit

I believe that Win500 offers the rebanded tables and, if I recall correctly, they will work before and after rebanding occurs.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Correct me if i'm wrong Tom, but my understanding was the existing equiptment is to remain inservice until all radios and Cad's were updated with new frequencies? At the same time a temporary setup for the new system is to be a mirror image while this takes place ? Once the work is completed and signed off then the old system is turned off. I remember speaking to Mr. Bingman on this a while ago and that was the generic version of events to happen. I worked with him on patching 2 counties into this EDAC's system.

That's it, more or less, except that old radios are removed from service as they're replaced; the new ones will handle both old and new frequencies. I expect the same thing to happen with Pickaway as happened with Clinton Co (new frequencies with new LCN assignments so old and new will work seamlessly together during the transition).

Status
Not open for further replies.