Rebanding Support & Scan Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi All,
Sorry for the "stupidity" of this post, but honestly - I have not had the time to complete my discriminator tap project. I started the board over a year ago, and I have yet to try it out!

I've been reading up on Unitracker, and I have 2 questions I hope that can be answered - so I can get some more incentive to finish tapping my radio....

1 - Will Unitrunker work after a Motorola Reband? I ask, because if yes - I will be able to continue listening to my adjacent county's PD system.

2 - Can I setup Unitracker to only track certain ID's ?? (via a 2nd radio of course). I don't want to follow every single Trunk Group on the system that UT finds, just the PD talk groups I am interested in listening to.

Thanks for the help! I have 3 BC200XLT's ready to go for this on the decode side- and one BCT-15 to use as the 2nd radio until Uniden comes up w/ a rebanding solution.

73 - Phil

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You can make it work for you that's if the software supports controlling your scanners. The newest version of UniTrunker (that doesn't have a DOS-like interface) doesn't support control of scanners. The old one does. To make it work you'll need to manually go in to the HZ file and correct the frequencies as to what they should be. Since the software sends the frequency and not the channel ID this will work fine for what you want to do.

And I think it's possible to track by radio ID's. You could do it with the old Trunker software via properly numbering the priority number for the radio ID so I don't see why things would be any different.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks, I'm not interested in tracking Radio Id, just The Talk Group as a whole...

I started building a slicer years ago.. I checked the Wiki, and was unable to find the slicer I was building.....luckily, I found the schematics, and the URL is still valid here on RR....

Can someone please tell me what type of slicer this is....and if it is worth building for what I would like to do.. Thanks

2level.jpg

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Which software are you going to use? UniTrunker doesn't require and will not work with a "slicer" circuit. It takes audio direct from a discriminator source and in to the soundcard.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Any piece of software will work for me - as long as I can use it to control a 2nd radio via the info from the first radio.... I'm trying to get ahead of the rebanding in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.