Rebanding the PC loaded scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Under normal circumstances the Uniden HP1, PSR-700, PSR-800, The PRO-107 and the PRO-18 would need to wait for the database download to capture when a system has been rebanded. But what if you want to set this up before the download is available?

The manual procedure for doing this was recently discovered by Troymail for the PSR-800 (and I would assume the same procedure would work for the PSR-700) that uses EZ-Scan, but what about the other software packages - namely iScan, ARC-Patrol and Sentinel?

With more systems being rebanded, it will gradually become more important to have this documented...TIA Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Under normal circumstances the Uniden HP1, PSR-700, PSR-800, The PRO-107 and the PRO-18 would need to wait for the database download to capture when a system has been rebanded. But what if you want to set this up before the download is available?

The manual procedure for doing this was recently discovered by Troymail for the PSR-800 (and I would assume the same procedure would work for the PSR-700) that uses EZ-Scan, but what about the other software packages - namely iScan, ARC-Patrol and Sentinel?

With more systems being rebanded, it will gradually become more important to have this documented...TIA Mike
Mike,

This can easily be done in Sentinel.

I answered a question along this line, with a couple of screen shots, in this recent thread.

You can also add an additional frequency (not currently in the database), or toggle a trunked site between ID Search & ID Scan as well, via Sentinel.

I don't use the ARC-Patrol software, so I can't speak to what steps need to be done in that software to set up 'rebanding' between database updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.