Rebanding Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The City of Tulsa has been granted a standard waiver for implentation until 09-30-08. Folks that is 2 months away, good luck. The state system has yet to be granted a standard waiver.

SCPD

QRT
OK. So what does this mean for the frequencies.
I understand that they are going to change, but my question is how much. Am i going to have to go in and reprogram my bct15 thats in the truck?

peterjmag

Ahhh Owasso just rebanded and my Pro-97 is scanning them just fine. I am begining to wonder if this reband amongst scanners is just another way for manufactuers to make more money? Remember Y2K????

Wasn't the PRO-97 scanners supposed to work with rebanding. I'll take my PRO-95 on a road trip and see what happens, I live in S. Tulsa and can't hear Owasso here.

rush2112ok

I reprogram my Pro-95 just after Owasso switch over with out any Issues. I have not tried to update my PRO-92 yet.

Ok... Just went back and change the Freq for my Owasso Bank on the PRO-92 and was able to hit the control channel.

Last edited:

Chaos703

This brings up a nagging question that has been plaguing me for the last 20 minutes:

What is the difference between the Pro-97 and the Pro-164?

Is the Pro-164 better prepared for rebanding? Anything else?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh Owasso just rebanded and my Pro-97 is scanning them just fine.

It appears that the powers that be finally decided that rather than renumber the channels (which is how Mot systems assign frequencies), they'd just relicense stations in the Nextel squatting band to new pairs 15 MHz lower.

Since those channels already had numbers, voila, no major problems; just a (relatively) simple reprogramming of radios. This has certainly been the case on some of the minor system in Chicagoland.

As always, rebanding would never render EDACS and LTR systems "unscannable" by consumer scanners regardless of age, because they don't assign radios by channel number (they have their own list of slots and assign radios to those).

Likewise, I understand that P25 systems actually send the frequency to the subscriber units, so those are "immune" to rebanding too.

I still say this will stall before it's finished because Nextel will run out of money to fund it due to bankruptcy ... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.