Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
Looks like in a few more months the people who listen to several Wisconsin county's 800mhz systems will be looking for a new scanner unless you have a new uniden scanner or a newer radioshack scanner which will just need a firmware upgrade. I know the city of Waukesha just put in an order to get brand new radio's and what I have herd is that Waukesha County should be rebanded by October. I hope the scanner manufactures like Uniden get there firmware out before they get rebanded. We lucked out and not becoming the first system to get rebanded like one system in Alabama and another one in California.

JGP

We have known rebanding is coming for a long time. After it happens, we can scan the system as conventional frequencies with the control channel locked out.

WE just have to wait for GRE and Uniden to get the firmware updates out for the updateable scanners.

Uniden has a firmware update coming this April and don't know what this will include. We will see what happens.

mkescan

joedadda2001 said:
Looks like in a few more months the people who listen to several Wisconsin county's 800mhz systems will be looking for a new scanner unless you have a new uniden scanner or a newer radioshack scanner which will just need a firmware upgrade..

I am waiting until it's actually confirmed with no if and's or but's and I hear xxx county is rebanding next week before I buy anyhthing new.
Later on in the year seems to be the time Uniden comes out with new models.

My Waukesha County feed might be history when they reband.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
joedadda2001 said:
I know the city of Waukesha just put in an order to get brand new radio's and what I have herd is that Waukesha County should be rebanded by October.

Where are you getting this information from?

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I am a police reserve officer for a municipality in Waukesha county and are captain told us he put the order in at the beginning of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.