Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashsam13

Does anyone out there know the status of the 800 mhz rebanding in the RTP area of NC? I have a PRO-97 and according to what I'm reading, the trunktracker portion of my scanner is not upgadable to the new frequency plan after rebanding. PLease help me with this problem.

yardbird

Dude,

Nobody has any idea as to when the rebanding is going to really take place. I wish it would before Mother M decides to have a major price increase.

I have the money in the savings, and I am going to be pissed if I have to try and borrow and find more money because somebody keeps dragging their feet.

As far as you original question, I don't see why the PRO-97 will not except the rebandable frequencies. The last time I checked the only 800 Mhz channels that were blocked are the cellular frequencies.

I have checked my counties rebanding frequencies and found they are only dropping 3 Mhz. Our first frequency starts at 866.1250 Mhz after rebanding the new frequency will be 863.4625 Mhz.

I will try and program some of my counties rebanding frequencies in my PRO-97 and see if their is a problem and I will let you know.

It is just like telling everyone that has Motorola Spectras on a system they are being told that they will need to be replaced because they are not rebandable. I don't really buy that now, because most Spectras I have seen work between 850.000 Mhz and 870 Mhz. I do know that the radios will need to be replaced if they system they are on is going to digital.

Hope this helps

David

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are technical issues with why the pro97 and the spectras (and maxtracs, etc) will not support rebanding. It is much more than just accepting the frequency.

Are you absolutely sure the new frequency for you will be in the 863 range? I think all public safety systems will be moving below 860mhz to stay out of the "trash" that nextel is spewing.

http://www.wpascanner.com/reband/reband1.gif

http://www.wpascanner.com/wiki/index.php?title=800Reband

From the folks dealing with this mess...
http://www.800ta.org/content/faqs/relocation.asp

img_channel_lrg.gif

yardbird

I got my information off the 800 Mhz rebanding sites.

I also printed off the numerous pages from Motorola that lists the current frequencies in use and what they will be after rebanding.

Like I mentioned before our 800 Mhz channels start at 866.150 Mhz and acording to the Motorola rebanding frequency sheet the new frequency is supposed to be 863.4625 Mhz.

Like I said am am going by what I have seen, read and heard from various people and web site on the rebanding issues.

David

qball

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding NPSPAC channels

If the trunked system channels fall between 866.000 and 868.995, they will move down exactly 15 MHz to 851.000 to 853.995.

Current NPSPAC: 866 - 868.995
Rebanded NPSPAC: 851 - 853.995

Channels that fall outside this range may follow different rules. Those frequencies would be negotiated with Sprint/Nextel during the rebanding negotiations.

yardbird

qball,

If you will please post a web site where you obtained your information.

I looked at the Motorola rebanding conversion charts and they still show the conversion for 866.1500 Mhz to be 863.4625 Mhz.

I am not trying to start an argument, I just would like the correct information.

Like I said, earlier this rebanding is one heck of a mess. I wish they would go ahead and finish it and go on with something else.

David

qball

Premium Subscriber
I don't have any other information that I can provide other than what Grog posted above. Most of my information comes from my involvement in rebanding.

The public safety channels that are specifically set aside are called NPSPAC (National Pubilc Safety Planning Advisory Committee) channels which currently reside 866-869MHz. Each state has its own region. NC is Region 31.

You can google search for "NPSPAC" and find a plethora of information on how the channels will be reconfigured. www.800ta.org is also a good resource for all of the rebanding information.

Maybe this will help...

Status
Not open for further replies.