Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
This may be old news, but it wasn't to me. My fire department 800mhz radios were 'rebanded' yesterday and I had a chance to talk to the tech that was doing the work. They actually were not rebanded, but they had the rebanding 'template' programmed. He tells me the actual switch over to the new frequencies is possibly a year away or more, as it cannot be done until every radio in the state is programmed. Then, when they are ready to switch, he will have to come back out and do something to the radios again to make it effective. I guess I figured they were doing these site by site, but that's not how it will work. It will be a statewide switchover and is still months away.

drunyon

Silent Key
Vermillion County Fire units were instructed to have their portables turned in no later than 0830 today "for rebanding".

jamesa53

61 Parke County fire was instructed to do the same thing.

Last edited:

KLH

Feed Provider
When they turn in their radio for rebanding, how long does it take?
How are they supposed to talk to central dispatch, and get paged out for fire runs?

GTO_04

How are they supposed to talk to central dispatch, and get paged out for fire runs?

I think the procedure is that you drop off your radio at the end of your shift, then pick it up before your next shift.

GTO_04

KidClerk

Feed Provider
We have one mobile and one portable so I stuck around while it was done. It takes less than 5 minutes per radio. From what I understand, all he was doing was programming the rebanded 'template' in the radio, but it is not yet activated and may not be for several months.

jamesa53

Now if we could only get those new freqs..........usswood, will trunk88 tell you what they are?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Here's the latest "plan"...

Attachments

• SAFE-T_Rebanding.pdf
    54.1 KB · Views: 270

jamesa53

Yeah thats what I meant LOL but trunk88 will tell us when they start useing them correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.