Rebanding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearscanman

Premium Subscriber
I want to reband my BCD396T using the ARC396 software. Do I need to keep the system as a APCO25 or change it to the Motorola Type 2 Custom? Is their any software that needs to be downloaded? This is for the AWIN System!

Gregory

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I want to reband my BCD396T using the ARC396 software. Do I need to keep the system as a APCO25 or change it to the Motorola Type 2 Custom? Is their any software that needs to be downloaded? This is for the AWIN System!

Gregory
As long as you have the most current firmware (3.02.02 is the latest for the 396T), the only thing you'll need to do is change the control channel frequencies. For P25 systems such as AWIN, the scanner will get any table information needed from the control channel data stream. Just leave system type as APCO25. You don't 'convert' it to a Type 2 Custom.

To check which firmware you have, press the "Menu" key (bottom one on the left side)
Scroll down to Settings (it's the very last item, so you can actually get to it quicker by scrolling 'up')
Press "E" (enter)
Scroll to "See scanner info' (again, it's the very last item)
Press 'E' (enter) again
Now, select "Firmware version" & press 'E' one final time.

If you're not on the latest firmware, download & upgrade instructions are at the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.