Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmusty123

I have all the Sacramento City and County frequencies loaded on my BC246T and have had no problems until recently. It seems I now only get Sac FD dispatch. I get virtually no Sac PD. In a previous thread, I was given advice to delete the site and re-set as a "custom" to adjust to the new band plan. Does that mean I need new frequencies or does it mean I need to make some other adjustments? Any advice will help. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If this is the system you are monitoring...

Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies

Keep in mind that some of the talkgroups on this system are digital - they're marked with 'D' in the mode column. The 246 won't hear these.

If you wish to proceed, there's a couple of things to be done. First is to see whether you need a firmware upgrade; this article in the Uniden TWiki walks you through it, and there are some tips in the next article...

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC246TFirmwareUpdate

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Once that's done, I think you will need a custom table, since some of the freqs have a '0' in the 4th decimal position. Here are the values for the custom table that needs to be entered. Alternately, if you are using one of the popular software packages, download the system from the database and the table should be set for you...

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Undoubtedly someone in the California forum can steer you in the right direction if you are having issues - and updating the firmware is a royal PITA, so don't feel bad if you find yourself feeling the same way

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento Face to Face

Some of us in the Sacramento area have been meeting face to face about once per year. With the recent rebanding of both the city & county sites, now would seem like a good time to help people get their radios receiving again. Here is a thread on the topic. We'd like to see how many are interested, as well as when and where would be a good area for people to meet before setting something solid.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
get FREESCAN

get a premium radio ref sub
download the system right from radio ref using IMPORT right into your scanner

DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.