Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

Has any system so far in the "Wave 1" region, or anywhere for that matter, been reconfigured in the 800MHz band? It seems as if it would have happened by now somehwere and we'd have some insight how this might actually effect scanners.
If not, does anyone know if systems are soon scheduled to be changed?
Thanks,
BG

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ButchGone said:
Has any system so far in the "Wave 1" region, or anywhere for that matter, been reconfigured in the 800MHz band? It seems as if it would have happened by now somehwere and we'd have some insight how this might actually effect scanners.
Thanks,
BG
Since the earliest that any reconfiguration was to take place was 2nd QTR of 2006 and Wave 1 has until the end of 2007 to finish and everyone is behind in implementation, I would just be patient. It will happen.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Looks like early 2007 for my area. For the iDEN stuff there's still some work to do.

-Wayne

elk2370bruce

Our tech's programmed in the new frequency set on all EDACS units over the last few months as a separate "bank" in addition to the current 800MHz system. When we have to switch over, it is a relatively simple process to bring several hundred radio units (bases, mobiles, and H/T's) to the rebanded requirements. Don't ask me how; that's why we have qualified radio techs.

wesct

ButchGone said:
Thanks,
BG

no trunking systems in connecticut yet, but some conventional repeaters have been moved.

check this forum out:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33284&highlight=rebanding

wesct

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.