REC output BCT15X - no audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
Hi,
Despite activating channels for Record I cannot appear to get any audio coming out of the REC output. First I distrusted my sound card inputs but I have now plugged in some headphones into the socket and it is just dead. Any idea? Is there perhaps some global disable feature?
I have seen a similar threat here but that did not seem to get resolved either.

Thanks, M

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
There are two places where you may specify record:
1) Edit System Option / Set Record: Record Off, Marked Channels, All Channels
2) Edit Channel / Set Record: Record Off, Record On
If System has Record Off it will block the channel Record On. Be sure that System is set to either Marked or All.
If System has Record All Channels, you don't need to mark individual channels.

If that doesn't work it's likely hardware.

Edelweiss

Yes, thank you so ,much. I did not activate the system record selection, bloody complex beast! Problem solved. Thanks again!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Also keep in mind that audio doesn't travel on the USB connection. You need a separate connection for that...Mike

Edelweiss

After selecting the systems to record "Marked Channels Only" it is now mindlessly recording any channel in the system, even if they are not marked for recording. Frustration!...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
After selecting the systems to record "Marked Channels Only" it is now mindlessly recording any channel in the system, even if they are not marked for recording. Frustration!...

Sounds like you might be plugged into the EXT SPKR (Black) jack? Try plugging into the REC (Green) jack.

1601403779145.png

Edelweiss

Thanks, but that is not the case. The speaker output is plugged into external speaker. I sort of fixed the issue the complicated way using Pro-scan and it then looks up the database flag for recording the correct channels. However I would have thought this is not necessary while I program it in the scanner anyway, And once it hits the channel it enables the output. I am confused...
Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe - it's worth looking in the Easier to Read manual - that the record flag doesn't work on the spkr out jack. It works on the green jack that budd has identified....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.