Received BC996T This Afternoon.... Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

claybarnes

After pouring thru the owners manual, I'm sorry to say that I'm not any better off trying to program the Birmingham, Jefferson County and Gardendale talkgroups than I was before. Any help will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks. KD4GVK Clay.

trainman111

Sorry that I can't help you, but you may want to post this question in the Uniden Scanners section. You may get more help there.

Nick

Thayne

You will be able to get some help on here, but ultimately you will have to read the manual to program that beast yourself.
If it gets too frustrating just get away from it and come back later. It worked for me.

trainman111

Not to go off topic but I HAVE to sneak this question in...do you like the scanner so far? I'm deciding wether to get a PRO-2096, PRO-96 or a BCD996T. I still haven't decided yet

Thayne

If you have the need to trunk 700 mhz sites then 996T is your only choice so far, but the 2096 sounds much better, and is much easier to program and operate.
I have had a 996 for 2 months and still havn't decided exactly how I want to set it up; it will be obsolete or I might die before I make up my mind :)

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Clay... I have the 996T. What do you need help with? Most importantly, have you downloaded the free software from Uniden? That and the book will be your most valuable assets.

claybarnes

New Scanner

Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming to my rescue! After reading and playing, playing and reading, I'm making a little progress. I'm on page 70 of the manual. before this I have added freqs 2 different times and have no clue where I put them. On my third attempt of programming systems I have put in some info, but I believe I'm in the process of setting up a conventional system. But, I have gained a little confidence. So far though, I really dont know what I need help with. i know I sound stupid, but I'm really not! The manual will really humble you! Reminds me of the first time I went thru EMT-B 25 yrs ago. Dave, I did not know about the free software. I know you mentioned some software the other day in a post, but I did not know how to get it. Meeting you and RR has been a lifesaver!

Thanks,

Clay

dave911

Premium Subscriber
trainman111 said:
Not to go off topic but I HAVE to sneak this question in...do you like the scanner so far? I'm deciding wether to get a PRO-2096, PRO-96 or a BCD996T. I still haven't decided yet

If you're wanting a hand-held, I would go with the Pro-96 but if you can use a base/mobile scanner, the 996T is far superior... in my opinion. I've had close to 20 scanners in my day and it is, by far, the best I have come across. The features are outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.