Received my HP 2 and love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor34957

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all I read on this forum I chose to purchase a HP2. It was $629 on Amazon and shipped form BetterWayToBuy Monday. Arrive my house in Raleigh two days later. Could not be happier. Also after doing all the research in this forum and the internet I felt very comfortable setting it up and within 3 minutes was scanning all local Police, Sheriff, and HP stations. I checked out the power supply as many felt you could not listen and charge it. It works great using a standard car USB charger, my Apple charger from both the car and AC. As long as you have greater the 1000 Ma output it will play while charging. Setting up favorites with Sentinel SW was a breeze. Sound is great...I prefer the HP2 speaker to my PC BOSE speakers as it is clearer for voice.

Now I need to get a Mag antenna for the car. Any suggestions are appreciated.

sailor34957

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all I read on this forum I chose to purchase a HP2. It was $629 on Amazon and shipped form BetterWayToBuy Monday. Arrive my house in Raleigh two days later. Could not be happier. Also after doing all the research in this forum and the internet I felt very comfortable setting it up and within 3 minutes was scanning all local Police, Sheriff, and HP stations. I checked out the power supply as many felt you could not listen and charge it. It works great using a standard car USB charger, my Apple charger from both the car and AC. As long as you have greater the 1000 Ma output it will play while charging. Setting up favorites with Sentinel SW was a breeze. Sound is great...I prefer the HP2 speaker to my PC BOSE speakers as it is clearer for voice.

Thanks for fast info. I am in Raleigh, NC and the systems are mostly 800 trunked and Viper 95

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I monitor 99 percent 760-870 MHz. I use the Laird Tech TRAB7603 Phantom Antenna with a mag mount and it works great. It even receives VHF / UHF when in those areas. Used on the roof of a Tahoe, it is great for clearance issues.

You paid too much for it though. All the radio supply houses (Universal, ScannerMaster, etc have it for $529.99)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for fast info. I am in Raleigh, NC and the systems are mostly 800 trunked and Viper 95

Both the HP-1 and HP-2 work great on VIPER and on other local systems such
as Durham, Cary, and Wake Counties 4.1 system.
Feel free to join us in the NC forum for more local discussion!
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You paid too much for it though. All the radio supply houses (Universal, ScannerMaster, etc have it for $529.99)
Amazon price has also been $529.99 from A Better Way to Buy every time I've checked, so I suspect the OP had a typo.

sailor34957

Premium Subscriber
First time user

New to digital scanners. Had a radio shack ? Years ago,but when trunking came in I just did not upgrade. I love this new system. My HP2 is set at half power and is loud. I can't compairnwith the HP1 though, sorry

sailor34957

Premium Subscriber
I guess the biggest difference other than the Phase II is the power input. There is no outlet for a power adapter on the HP2. You simply plug your USB into a USB adapter with + or > than 1000 mA and you can listen forever. I use my iPhone chargers and a regular one in the car. If it is under 1000Ma it will not charge while use it.

I really like the ease of use though. Plan on getting the GPS adapter for my trip to Florida.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I guess the biggest difference other than the Phase II is the power input. There is no outlet for a power adapter on the HP2. You simply plug your USB into a USB adapter with + or > than 1000 mA and you can listen forever. I use my iPhone chargers and a regular one in the car. If it is under 1000Ma it will not charge while use it.

I really like the ease of use though. Plan on getting the GPS adapter for my trip to Florida.

Be careful mobile scanners are illegal in Florida (unless you have a ham license).

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
It's really great to hear that sailor34957 is very happy with his new scanner, I'm sure it'll give him years of enjoyment. I have the Hp-1 and love it as well!

stingray327

Are you using the HP-2 primarily in your car or home?

Beaquel

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that I too am happy with my new HP-2. As you all know, there's a lot going on in Ferguson, MO this week. Last night was absolutely insane. I'm very pleased with my scanner and couldn't have picked a more opportune time to test it out.

SCPD

QRT
really

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that I too am happy with my new HP-2. As you all know, there's a lot going on in Ferguson, MO this week. Last night was absolutely insane. I'm very pleased with my scanner and couldn't have picked a more opportune time to test it out.

You couldnt have that radio at a better time!
Hows the squelch does it ever open for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.