Received my new Whistler 1050 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
First off, I mistyped the model number, simple mistake. Of course it is a 1040, not a 1050. Those who love to toss darts and never make a typo themselves just have fun being nasty I guess. Yes I am a Ham (KJ6FBA) and have been a scanner user for well over 30 years.

I never said this scanner was different from my PSR-500 other than I feel the audio is slightly more crisp in decoding P25 transmissions. The software and cable work just fine with the Whistler.

Sorry I don't visit this forum every day to respond to idiotic comments made by perfect people who NEVER make mistakes in typing. When you have severely arthritic hands and are over 80 years old as I am, you might even make a typo yourself!

Neil Bell

I think some were curious where you got the 1040 back in July as you posted here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/2225230-post41.html

As it wasn't announced by Whistler until weeks after that they would begin shipping.

RichardEp

Premium Subscriber
The new Whistlers

I am curious if anyone has compared the previous GRE/Radio Shack phase 1 digitlals to the new Whistler models of the same type. Particularly in the San Francisco area. And specifically with the Oakland, EBRCS and new San Mateo County pee 25 systems.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
With the built in radar detector and red light camera alert, this Whistler 1050 is awesome. I really needed these features as I went on a liquid diet to lose weight. I lost 10 lbs and my drivers license.

neilbell

Apparently some still don't believe I got this Whistler 1040 scanner in July. I bought it from Beach Audio, through Amazon.com Here are the details:

Delivered on: Monday, July 21, 2014

Whistler WS1040 Digital Handheld Scanner
Sold by: Beach Audio
Order placed
July 6, 2014
Ship to
L. N. Bell
Order # 111-8701219-4822621

If anyone is still so skeptical, send me your e-mail and I will send you a copy of the receipt. In FACT, a number of Whistler 1040s were sold in July, despite the claims of one "expert" that is was not possible. In testing the audio, I sent recordings of P25 channels made with the Whistler and made with my Uniden 396XT and 996XT to a blind ham (WA6EKS) with excellent hearing to get his opinion. The difference was evident but he easily selected the 1040 audio as being clearer. The recordings were of Concord and Martinez PD units in the SF Bay area's EBRCS P25 digital system. I identified them as just numbered MP3 so he didn't know the source scanner. Recording done with SR Pro recording software.

Any other stupid responses or attempts to belittle others will be ignored.

RichardEp

Premium Subscriber
Neil
I am curious how it works on Oakland's or San Mateo county's p25 systems from your location?
I have a fleet of psr600's and pro 106's as well as about 60 uniden 996xt's. I am very disappointed in their digital p25 performance, particularly the uniden scanners.

SCPD

QRT
How about a picture of the radio on?Next to the box so we can all see how Whistler does their thing.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Now it's a 1040?

This is amusing watching this guy have a conversation with himself.

I especially like the mock-up "proof of purchase". He's going quite a long way with this. Can't wait to see what comes next...

Actually, I can wait.

SCPD

QRT
beach has it

they have 18 in stock ! Guess hes right.

Attachments

• BEACHY.jpg
    BEACHY.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 368
  • WOW.png
    WOW.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.