Receiving Dixon, IL PD 61021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxeMan0958

I like to revisit a thread from 2012 that is 10 years old and is not open for further replies.

I am not new to scanners, I just picked up a used HomePatrol II. (Nothing wrong with the scanner)

I also have a Uniden BC125AT, RadioShack 20-163, and in storage in my closet an old Radio Shack scanner that takes "Crystals" (I'm dating myself by saying that)

Has anyone had luck receiving Dixon, IL PD?

I have tried the following Freq. in Motorola/ P25 TGID Formats: HEX=F7E & DEC=293. Using Narrow Band. Also I tried Analog and had with no luck on any of these formats.

Base frequencies
151.21250 with analog and digital P25
155.25000 with analog and digital P25
155.37000 with analog only (point to point frequency with other agencies)

Mobile frequencies
151.2125 analog and digital P25
153.9950 analog and digital P25
155.0550 analog
155.2500 analog and digital P25
156.0600 analog and digital P25

Radio Reference tag Dixon PD with "Mode" P25e which is partial Encryption.

In the description it reads Police: Dispatch (Dispatch ENC)

The ENC does that mean it's Encrypted and the Home Patrol II will not unencrypt it or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The ENC does that mean it's Encrypted and the Home Patrol II will not unencrypt it or am I doing something wrong?
Welcome to the forums. Database confirms a partially-encrypted P25 dispatch channel (as denoted by small "e" in mode column as "P25e") and a partially-encrypted analog conventional (FMNe) secondary channel. These could have changed to full encryption & no one submitted the change to the DB. Stay on frequency for a while, see if any clear transmissions come through. If not they may have gone to full encryption which means "game over" with regards to tracking them

ltginrage

Dixon PD is still using the P25 channel listed and it is simplex. The LCSO Dispatch Console is encrypted on the Dixon PD dispatch channel however mobiles are not. You won't hear much activity since the call volume for them has dropped drastically within the past few years. You should have it programmed as a single channel within a conventional system on HP, you shouldn't need a talkgroup but they are using talkgroup 1 on a NAC of 293.

AxeMan0958

Welcome to the forums. Database confirms a partially-encrypted P25 dispatch channel (as denoted by small "e" in mode column as "P25e") and a partially-encrypted analog conventional (FMNe) secondary channel. These could have changed to full encryption & no one submitted the change to the DB. Stay on frequency for a while, see if any clear transmissions come through. If not they may have gone to full encryption which means "game over" with regards to tracking them
Made a favorite list on the HP II of all possible Feq. combinations and included the RR preloaded Feqs. and included Star com just incase. Been recording (Love this feature on the HP II) for 48 hours now and listening most of the day today, and no hits. Can't confirm they have gone full encryption, but based on my experience in the last 48 hours, one would think they have. Sounds like "game over":mad: for me. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, just wanted to make sure. Thank you all for your input.(y)

ltginrage

Made a favorite list on the HP II of all possible Feq. combinations and included the RR preloaded Feqs. and included Star com just incase. Been recording (Love this feature on the HP II) for 48 hours now and listening most of the day today, and no hits. Can't confirm they have gone full encryption, but based on my experience in the last 48 hours, one would think they have. Sounds like "game over":mad: for me. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, just wanted to make sure. Thank you all for your input.(y)
You probably won't get anything if your outside Dixon City due to it be low power & simplex. I recently was in Dixon and confirmed that are not fully encrypted. Mobiles still unencrypted.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
It seems like a dumb solution but it's worth checking: is the HP2 set to scan the right services? I'm assuming they're labeled as "Law Dispatch" in the database. Make sure that's on, and if you entered them manually and didn't change it I believe they default to the "Custom 1" service so make sure that's on as well. Those of us using the HP-based radios have likely all forgotten to check that at least once.

I have tried the following Freq. in Motorola/ P25 TGID Formats: HEX=F7E & DEC=293. Using Narrow Band. Also I tried Analog and had with no luck on any of these formats.
I'm not sure what you mean by TGID Formats exactly. 293 is the NAC, the digital version of a CTCSS tone, not a talkgroup number. If you have it programmed as a P25 one channel system and have this as the talkgroup number you wouldn't hear anything unless it was set to "ID Search" instead of "ID Scan." If you have it programmed as a Motorola/P25 system you won't hear anything no matter what you do because that's for trunked, not conventional P25.

AxeMan0958

You probably won't get anything if your outside Dixon City due to it be low power & simplex. I recently was in Dixon and confirmed that are not fully encrypted. Mobiles still unencrypted.

WELL that explains a lot to me. I'm in Unincorporated Dixon. The Tower / Transmitter I know is on top of the Police Station and that is 4 to 6 miles south of me as the crow flies, if they are running low power, that going to knock me right out of the box because I have a lot of hills and trees to deal with between me and the PD.

AWESOMEMAN92 I turned on ALL services and recorded Saturday morning till Monday night. A lot of channels to scan that's why I gave it three days (72 hours) had no hits from Dixon.

As for TGID Formats I copied cut and pasted that from somewhere, I don't know myself what it means. Just try to show everyone what I tried.

It's a done deal for me, I have given up, and have found another buyer for the scanner already so I'll break even at best.

If a Moderator is following this thread, go ahead and lock it up, I'm beating a dead horse here. Thank you ALL for your help.

Dead Horse.gif

ltginrage

WELL that explains a lot to me. I'm in Unincorporated Dixon. The Tower / Transmitter I know is on top of the Police Station and that is 4 to 6 miles south of me as the crow flies, if they are running low power, that going to knock me right out of the box because I have a lot of hills and trees to deal with between me and the PD.

AWESOMEMAN92 I turned on ALL services and recorded Saturday morning till Monday night. A lot of channels to scan that's why I gave it three days (72 hours) had no hits from Dixon.

As for TGID Formats I copied cut and pasted that from somewhere, I don't know myself what it means. Just try to show everyone what I tried.

It's a done deal for me, I have given up, and have found another buyer for the scanner already so I'll break even at best.

If a Moderator is following this thread, go ahead and lock it up, I'm beating a dead horse here. Thank you ALL for your help.
You know there is many other agencies you could listen to .
I typically stick to listening to ISP & LCSO, the multi county fire dispatch 154.19, Dixon city and rural fire dispatch, Whiteside & Ogle SO when Im over there. Sometimes, I'll listen to rail or businesses also

Status
Not open for further replies.