Receiving I-calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctminer

Hi Everybody,

I am wondering if it is still possible to receive I-Calls on the Edmonton Public Safety & Public Works system? I have the I-Call option set to on in my Uniden BC250D. Is there something else that needs to be set or can this just not be picked up on the scanner anymore? Thanks!

electricsheep

Hi Everybody,

I am wondering if it is still possible to receive I-Calls on the Edmonton Public Safety & Public Works system? I have the I-Call option set to on in my Uniden BC250D. Is there something else that needs to be set or can this just not be picked up on the scanner anymore? Thanks!

They are provoice digital now, so no, they are not monitorable.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
With the 250D you can still hear the Edmonton Public Works I calls as they are still analog. Not terribly interesting but there are those jems of conversations when they feel it is private. With the 250 select a blank talk group Press the decimal key then 0 and E. It becomes a wildcard search for all anaolg I calls.

SCPD

QRT
I think thats the big difference with what Matte Black was saying ... it all depends on who is using the iCall.

If you are a City of Edmonton vehicle .. like a sanding truck or a grader, they MAY be analog and monitorable with a Uniden scanner as noted above. But anything to do with EPS for example are going to be digital and un-monitorable. Basically if it is digital .. it is a no go as far as any monitoring.

Hope this helps clarify things.

ctminer

Yes this does help clarify things. Thanks very much everybody for your responses! Its been quite a while since I last had my scanner out.. quite a few changes since then! :)

jbuchy

Premium Subscriber
Jim

Actually, not all of EPS is digital. The main dispatch channels [north, west, downtown, Churchill Square, southwest, southeast] are all analog and that is where the vast bulk of all the interesting stuff can be heard.

I think thats the big difference with what Matte Black was saying ... it all depends on who is using the iCall.

If you are a City of Edmonton vehicle .. like a sanding truck or a grader, they MAY be analog and monitorable with a Uniden scanner as noted above. But anything to do with EPS for example are going to be digital and un-monitorable. Basically if it is digital .. it is a no go as far as any monitoring.

Hope this helps clarify things.

SCPD

QRT
Actually, not all of EPS is digital. The main dispatch channels [north, west, downtown, Churchill Square, southwest, southeast] are all analog and that is where the vast bulk of all the interesting stuff can be heard.

Yes, main dispatch channels are not digital, All EPS I-Calls aka Individual Calls are PV digital. Been that way for a few years now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.