Receiving Mesa PD off Thompson Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

wls1951

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck with picking up Mesa PD from Thompson Peak. I have put all the frequencies in from RR
but hearing nothing. I get the flashing T on the TRX2 so I assume it is picking up the site. I receive MCSO with no
problem. Mesa PD comes in just fine from their site here in Mesa. Am I missing something?

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
No on Thompson. Thats how a Simulcast system works, traffic stays on Simulcast site. Thompson & Shaw are for wide area coverage for mostly specialized units from Mesa. Thompson also covers Ftn Hills & Rio Verde for those agencies. Simulcast covers AJ, Gilbert & Mesa with HT coverage.

KB7MIB

The TOPAZ RWC Thompson Peak and Shaw Butte sites seem to only carry encrypted talkgroups from Mesa PD. Meaning the various detective squads. You have to listen to the Mesa simulcast in order to hear the unencrypted patrol talkgroups.

Mesa FD is much the same. Dispatch C-1 is carried on Thompson Peak and Shaw Butte, but you won't hear the rest of the C-deck talkgroups, with the exception of TG 3074, which covers Rio Verde, and the VHF-High patches. You have to listen to the Mesa simulcast in order to hear the tactical TG's.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.