BCD436HP/BCD536HP: receiving traansmissions on SDS100 but not on BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
And you still haven’t publicly posted which system it is. You told me in a PM and I’ll respect that privacy, but your lack of transparency isn’t helping your cause.
Why does it matter what system it is? Genuine question. I am just concerned about being public with that stuff. I in no way meant to impugn anyones motives here, im just protecting myself. Is there a reason that it will be helpful if i disclose it? And by the way, thank you for respecting that. Mad respect honestly.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber

Why don't I believe you.
I can't help that sorry. I have my own dmr radio. Dmr is getting very popular in my area. My post you referenced was me asking if I can program my radio to a dmr system. For the sake of honesty, the purpose was to "clone" my buddy's new radio so he has a spare. He said he would buy it off me if it works out. But i have no idea how to program them nor do i know the technical details. I have no use for it, because I have scanners now, and zero intention or need to have a radio that can transmit. There it is. Jesus. But of course you will say this is a lie too.......

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Vague answers, no specifics on system, no video documenting issue, I'm out
jesus sorry my post doesn't meet your impeccable standards. I'm trying my best out here. God damn, this radio community is hostile and so unwelcoming. If you didn't notice, I'm answering people's questions. im a radio noob so i don't know what specifics I can include that are helpful. Sorry

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
This thread is becoming click-bait.

Does everyone really have time for this?
clickbait?? i am asking about radio . clickbait is misleading titles put on articles or videos that dont accuratley reflect the content matter. that doesnt apply here

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
What make/model is it? I’m still pretty sure only MSI radios are compatible with Cap+. And now you list Con+ which seems even less likely.
Honestly i dont know the technical details. I cant comment on any of that mate

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Is the radio your "friend" has the TYT radio you were warned about in an earlier thread here? Where you were trying to set it up to use but were not licensed/authorized by the system owner

The thread that was locked by the moderators.

Your questions sound exactly the same as that earlier discussion.
different question entirely

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Why does it matter what system it is? Genuine question. I am just concerned about being public with that stuff. I in no way meant to impugn anyones motives here, im just protecting myself. Is there a reason that it will be helpful if i disclose it? And by the way, thank you for respecting that. Mad respect honestly.
Ok, completely disregard any references to what system it is then. Bottom line, nothing can be done to prevent your scanner from NOT hearing one specific radio. Without us knowing system and/or subscriber specifics no one can help you.

It's like taking your car to the shop and saying it acts up on one specific road, but you won't tell them which road or any other specifics that may help them diagnose it.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
As has been mentioned, there should be nothing that would cause the bcd436 to not receive calls from only one radio on a system. Now, there are a lot of caveats to this statement. Look for differences between the bcd436 and sds100. I suspect that there is something incorrect in the programming or configuration of the bcd436hp. You should be listening to the output frequencies of the system.

Here are some of the questions I would ask:

1) Is the system properly programmed on the bcd436?

How did you program each radio? Did you enter the system manually? Or did you import from the RR database using Sentinel, Proscan, or some other software? What have you done to confirm that the system is programmed properly on both the 436 and 100?​

What have you done to guarantee that the bcd436 (which is not receiving the transmissions) and the sds100 (which is receiving the transmissions) are programmed identically? ( I suggest keeping your environment as simple as possible. Create a Favorite List which contains only this system. Disable all other Favorite Lists. Disable close call. Disable all priority modes. )​

2) How have you determined that you are not missing transmissions on the sds100? How have you determined that you are not missing other transmissions on the bcd436 from other users as well? (Incorrect observations or assumptions here can lead you down the wrong path)

3) What have you done to ensure that your observations and conclusions are not tainted by defense caused by transmitting in close proximity to the receivers?

Good luck.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Why? There are numerous reasons why knowing what system is involved in a unique issue can aid in resolving a problem.

To apply expertise and experience to see if there is anything unique to this system.

To see if there are possible errors in the database that could cause issues.

To see if there is something that may make programming this system error prone.

So someone local can try to replicate your issue.

To identify invalid assumptions about a system.

And more.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
3) What have you done to ensure that your observations and conclusions are not tainted by defense caused by transmitting in close proximity to the receivers?
Number 3 is my guess.
The RF tuners or fronts ends are totally different between the SDS models which use a TV tuner SDR based front end and the x36HP and like scanner models which use conventional RF front ends.
I suspect the 436 in this case is sensitive to strong signals and goes into desense because of the strong signal from the DMR portable.
When this happen, the repeaters output frequency the 436 is set to cannot hear the repeaters output signal.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Ok, completely disregard any references to what system it is then. Bottom line, nothing can be done to prevent your scanner from NOT hearing one specific radio. Without us knowing system and/or subscriber specifics no one can help you.

It's like taking your car to the shop and saying it acts up on one specific road, but you won't tell them which road or any other specifics that may help them diagnose it.

As has been mentioned, there should be nothing that would cause the bcd436 to not receive calls from only one radio on a system. Now, there are a lot of caveats to this statement. Look for differences between the bcd436 and sds100. I suspect that there is something incorrect in the programming or configuration of the bcd436hp. You should be listening to the output frequencies of the system.

Here are some of the questions I would ask:

1) Is the system properly programmed on the bcd436?

How did you program each radio? Did you enter the system manually? Or did you import from the RR database using Sentinel, Proscan, or some other software? What have you done to confirm that the system is programmed properly on both the 436 and 100?​

What have you done to guarantee that the bcd436 (which is not receiving the transmissions) and the sds100 (which is receiving the transmissions) are programmed identically? ( I suggest keeping your environment as simple as possible. Create a Favorite List which contains only this system. Disable all other Favorite Lists. Disable close call. Disable all priority modes. )​

2) How have you determined that you are not missing transmissions on the sds100? How have you determined that you are not missing other transmissions on the bcd436 from other users as well? (Incorrect observations or assumptions here can lead you down the wrong path)

Good luck.
1. Import RR database through Sentenial. It was straightforward and directly from the database, so no reason to believe its not done properly.

2. I created an hpe file of my favorites, and uploaded those to each scanner through sentenial, which means they both have the exact same programming.

3. As far as settings, they are set identically.

4. No and no.

5. I have had him walk far away from the 436 and tranmsit .

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
giphy-6.gif

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
How far is far? How far away did he walk? Have you tried listening for him when he is on duty and no where close to you? What was the result?
Walked a bit less than 1km away from me into the other connected building corridor. No bueno

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Walked a bit less than 1km away from me into the other connected building corridor. No bueno
But still in a connected building…… not quite enough to disprove desense

Have you tried listening for him when he is on duty and no where close to you? What was the result?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Yes his radio is compatible with the following:

Conventional DMR Tier II (TDMA)
Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Tier II repeater systems
MotoTRBO Capacity Plus Single Site
MotoTRBO Capacity Plus Multi-Site
MotoTRBO Connect Plus
MotoTRBO Linked Capacity Plus.

Trust me, it works. i hear his transmissions on my sds100 and his coworkers can hear his too. its just the 436hp thats not picking up THAT RADIO ONLY
Just thought about this. You said you don't know the make or model of his radio but you know its capabilities. Interesting.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
But still in a connected building…… not quite enough to disprove desense

Have you tried listening for him when he is on duty and no where close to you? What was the result?
Ahh well I can make that happen but it may take a few days. We r only at the same location every Wednesday so it might be till next week until you hear back hopefully the thread doesn't get locked... Or maybe I can see if I can grab his radio and go there, have my roommate at home with my scanner on, PTT and see what happens. But there may be 2 problems. 1 he might not be allowed to bring his radio home. 2 even if he is I may not be allowed to press PTT. But in the interest of solving this...........

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Just thought about this. You said you don't know the make or model of his radio but you know its capabilities. Interesting.
Yeah I'm just going by what he told me. Can't gurantee the veracity of the claims but there they are. How the hell would I know the name and make of his radio. If you really want it, I can get it but the compatibility list speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.