Receiving Unknown Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

derdude

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
When I program my Uniden 996t with either Arc 996 or Proscan I seem to get unknown talkgroups. When I use RadioReference to import: California, San Diego, San Diego, County of (RCS - Public Safety) System, North Zone, San Diego County Sheriffs Office Talkgroups. There are talk groups that I did not choose on the import. The below is a example of some of the talkgroups I get that I did not choose.

Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong?
Thanks…

38880=California Highway Patrol
36816=Escodidio Police Department
10672=San Diego County Law Interoperability
36848=Escodidio Police Department

af5rn

Any chance you are in ID SEARCH mode instead of ID SCAN mode? That has inadvertently happened to me a few times, and I end up hearing dog catchers and cops instead of firemonkeys.

Another possibility is that you simply highlighted and pasted more TGs than you thought you did. Also, did you use Firefox to import with? If you use IE or something else, it sometimes screws everything up.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If you feel you're doing everything right on import this seems like more a software issue. The TG's are clearly categorized properly in the DB but the software isn't acknowledging something somewhere.

micropone

hearing freq

all the freq you listed can be hear on ALL San Diego Co. RCS. ie east zone/north zone and south zone.. why arent you using uniden's program to Program your scanner?

derdude

Premium Subscriber
af5rn,
You are correct. It was in ID Search mode and not in ID Scan mode. It was someting I obviously over looked.

Thanks...

af5rn said:
Any chance you are in ID SEARCH mode instead of ID SCAN mode? That has inadvertently happened to me a few times, and I end up hearing dog catchers and cops instead of firemonkeys.

Another possibility is that you simply highlighted and pasted more TGs than you thought you did. Also, did you use Firefox to import with? If you use IE or something else, it sometimes screws everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.