Recent Indiana DB Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
All,

I am sure some of you have noticed some changes being made in the Indiana database and I wanted to post a short note to fill you all in on what's up.

Yesterday, I updated all the SAFE-T sites. I updated all FCC licenses that were expired to current ones, and also added GPS location data to all the sites, as none of them had it. This should have been done long ago and I apologize for us not having this info in a lot sooner.

Today, and likely into tomorrow depending on time, I am moving all Skywarn/RACES frequencies to their respective County page, rather then them all being on one State page, as they are now. I am going to leave the State category there for regional and Statewide frequencies.

Next up after that I will be adding default GPS location data to all the Counties themselves.

All of this is being done to have the Indiana DB comply and fall more in-line with the DB guidelines set forth by our lead Admin.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post them here :cool:

Thanks!

sf

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Indiana

As always Thanks for all you do and continue to do. This site has become an Awesome site for information. I hope that people continue to submit info, and this site will continue to get better and better.

Grant Black
Johnson County

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I totally agree. This site would be nothing without all of us submitting to the DB. I encourage anyone who sees something missing or wrong to let us know. All submissions are 100% anonymous and no one would ever be revealed as a submitter unless they chose to do so themselves.

F

firefighter213

Question

All,

I am sure some of you have noticed some changes being made in the Indiana database and I wanted to post a short note to fill you all in on what's up.

Yesterday, I updated all the SAFE-T sites. I updated all FCC licenses that were expired to current ones, and also added GPS location data to all the sites, as none of them had it. This should have been done long ago and I apologize for us not having this info in a lot sooner.

Today, and likely into tomorrow depending on time, I am moving all Skywarn/RACES frequencies to their respective County page, rather then them all being on one State page, as they are now. I am going to leave the State category there for regional and Statewide frequencies.

Next up after that I will be adding default GPS location data to all the Counties themselves.

All of this is being done to have the Indiana DB comply and fall more in-line with the DB guidelines set forth by our lead Admin.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post them here :cool:

Thanks!

sf

Scannerfreak ,
You updated 7829 038 Terre Haute (Vigo) , you added new freqs , are these freqs working rightnow : 855.98750 856.73750 857.76250 ?

usswood

Scannerfreak ,
You updated 7829 038 Terre Haute (Vigo) , you added new freqs , are these freqs working rightnow : 855.98750 856.73750 857.76250 ?

as of now Firefighter, NO according to Trunk88...they haven't been added to the Tower yet, also I'm not sure but have been told that the Terre Haute EDACS Tower will be converted over to SAFE-T for Terre Haute City Police to use as its Primary Tower for Safe-T

F

firefighter213

as of now Firefighter, NO according to Trunk88...they haven't been added to the Tower yet, also I'm not sure but have been told that the Terre Haute EDACS Tower will be converted over to SAFE-T for Terre Haute City Police to use as its Primary Tower for Safe-T

usswood ,
That means all of Terre Haute EDACS are moving over to SAFE-T system .

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Also guys, All Statewide frequencies, ie: Point/ILEEN etc.. will be removed from each Counties page and will continue to be listed on the Common Statewide Frequencies page. Per the guidelines, frequencies used Statewide are not to appear on each of the 92 Counties pages, but rather appear one time on the Statewide page.

F

firefighter213

usswood ,
I know that Terre Haute Fire Department , is going onto SAFE-T system too !

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yes, that should have been done ages ago and I apologize for that. I see the name change didn't take long :)

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Also guys, All Statewide frequencies, ie: Point/ILEEN etc.. will be removed from each Counties page and will continue to be listed on the Common Statewide Frequencies page. Per the guidelines, frequencies used Statewide are not to appear on each of the 92 Counties pages, but rather appear one time on the Statewide page.

I want to clarify the above. If an agency uses one of the Statewide frequencies on a regular basis for dispatch or C2C, ie: Plan A, with their own PL, it will remain on the county page.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Steve & The Group

SAFE-T talkgroup categories for INDOT, DNR, and ISDH have notes added as to which districts go with which counties - should make it easier for users to select/choose/program specific talkgroups for their local area.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Cool, thanks Chris..

I think it's all done now. We should now be in compliance with the DB guidelines set forth. If anyone sees anything out of whack, please let us know :)

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
OK, next up, I am going to start to add the GPS data to the individual trunked systems in the DB. I am going to start with the bigger ones used in the few counties not on SAFE-T, and then work my way down from there :)

Viper43

Scannerfreak,
FYI, Mt Vernon Schools, the three at SR234 & 200N the high school, intermediate school and elementary school are all now in the town of Fortville with last years boundary change. All police protection is now Fortville PD as primary SO and McCordsville secondary. McCordsville has McCordsville Elementary and the HCSD has Mt Comfort Elementary.

Viper43

Wilkinson site location N39 51.547 W85 37.025 thats from te road in front of the site about 75 feet from tower

hooty

My question is on Radio tower 39 Indianapolis on Safe-T there is no alternate channel just the control channel. What is the alternate freq-anyone know? I programmed into radio not thinking and want to see how much I can pick up.
Thanks
hooty
Scott
KC9EDU

Status
Not open for further replies.