Recent Review of 5 Best Police Scanner Apps for Android Phones

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Looking for new articles on scanner radios I found this review of Scanner apps. Broadcastify was mysteriously missing from the review.

Here is another recent review on 7 of them, and again Broadcastify was missing from this one as well. What's up with that?

7 best police scanner apps

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Looking for new articles on scanner radios I found this review of Scanner apps. Broadcastify was mysteriously missing from the review.

Here is another recent review on 7 of them, and again Broadcastify was missing from this one as well. What's up with that?

7 best police scanner apps
I don't think anyone really acknowledges Broadcastify and the feed providers for a lot of those apps. Go figure.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I don't think anyone really acknowledges Broadcastify and the feed providers for a lot of those apps. Go figure.
You mean the smart phone doesn't just magically receive the signal, without regard for distance to a tower, and with no simulcast distortion ?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Screenshot_20230412_132045_Scanner Radio.jpg

My favorite is called police scanner, it is the same as Broadcastify I just like the format better.

The feeds for the scanner apps are from Broadcastify.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Not a "police scanner" app but For plane spotters liveATC is a must

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Not a "police scanner" app but For plane spotters liveATC is a must

An absolute must on my Android John.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
with no simulcast distortion ?
Well, not in every case regarding the simulcast distortion but there's no way I would ever criticize anybody that would volunteer their time and efforts to provide a service for no pay to our community and the scanner app users community, not to mention of course, radio reference.

A feed provider is not going to use a top of the line radio to provide the feed. But some do.