Recently Posted/Suffolk County PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidd2957

I just came across some recently posted frequencies.....................................................
@........"http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1876"
under the Header "Suffolk County New York Radio Reference"
some examples of these new postings;
Police 1st Precinct (West Babylon)
155.7000, 158.7900, 146.2 Pl, Channel 1, FM
Police 2nd Precinct (Huntington)
154.8450, 158.9100, 146.2 Pl, Channel 2, FM
The list goes on.........
And Then;
Police "G" Command/ Highway
155.6850, 158.8950, 146.2 Pl, Channel 7, FM
Police "E" Detectives/ Anti Crime
155.6550, 158.7850, 146.2 Pl, Channel 10, FM
The list goes on.........
What are these Listings used for???
Thanks,
David D.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Dave,

These look like the old VHF-high band channels that Suffolk Police used to use before the move to the 800 MHz TRS. The only ones of value are:

Channel 2 - 2nd PCT (simulcast of talkgroup 51376)
Channel 7 - Command (simulcast of talkgroup 60848)
Channel 8 - car-to-car (used by some police agencies still on high band in the county)
Channel 9 - Data (simulast of talkgroup 62448)
Channel 10 - Detectives (simulcast of talkgroup 62512)
Channel 11 - Police Statewide (used by some police agencies still on high band in the county)
Channel 12 - Police Nationwide (used by some police agencies still on high band in the county)

SCANdal

Joseph11

They're actually still used a lot (mostly patches from the TRS). I can get them down here often.

davidd2957

Just Posted in the Last 7 days...WHY??

These frequencies were just posted in the last 7 days, and they were not posted on the Suffolk County TRS site @....................................................................................
"http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=722"........................
This is why I was so confused. Why post this information in the last 7 days @..........
"http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1876"
if these are either old usage or if recently revised for a new use, what is this NEW USE
about and for who to use??
Thanks People,
David D.
SCANdal...the confusions lies in the fact that this data was just posted in the last 7 days,
and where it was posted...

Joseph11

Just keep on listening to the TRS. The VHF frequencies are just the old SCPD frequencies before the TRS was built (they are not trunked). Some TGs are patched into the old VHF system.

D

DaveNF2G

There are people around who, for whatever reason, think it's helpful and OK to snarf information off various internet sources - regardless of whether it's accurate - and dump it onto other sites. Lots of junk makes its way into the RR database because the admins cannot possibly verify it all.

Joseph11

I submitted those frequencies. They're from an old text file from the mid '90s. I noted in the submission that they were the old SCPD frequencies, but some are still used. I wouldn't have submitted them if I didn't hear anything on them.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Channel 10 - Detectives (simulcast of talkgroup 62512), haven't heard this simulcast in a loong time... On VHF that is...

davidd2957

Just trying to Understand the System I Monitor

Joseph11 said:
Just keep on listening to the TRS. The VHF frequencies are just the old SCPD frequencies before the TRS was built (they are not trunked). Some TGs are patched into the old VHF system.
Joseph11...Can you give me an example for when I might catch a transmission on the
"old VHF system" that is NOT a Patched conversation from the TRS system...
Would there ever be a time when a conversation would Begin on the "old VHF system"??
If the answer is yes, how could that be possible?
THANKS
David D.
PS......I am not trying to make a big deal out of this thread, I am just trying to understand
the System that I live in and monitor full time.

Joseph11

If they still have VHF radios in their cars, you might hear chit-chat or other things on Channel 8. Also, if the TRS fails and units cannot use the system in failsafe mode, they might use the VHF system as a back-up (if they still have VHF radios in their cars).

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Joseph11, even if (and they do, the 2nd Pct is an example of officers having both 800mhz and VHF radios) they have VHF they will not use the car-to-car frequency as they'll use talkgroups 48016 (Countywide South) and 48240 (Countywide North) on the 800mhz TRS.

Alot of the remaining VHF crosspatches are for dead spots in the 800mhz system.

Al42

gatekeep said:
Alot of the remaining VHF crosspatches are for dead spots in the 800mhz system.
Mostly in the 1st, since Huntington Village is one huge dead spot. For everything. Almost as bad as Rocky Point (which sucks radio signals like a Hoover).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
To avoid confusion can the database admin label them as (old rarely used freqs) or (vhf backup freqs)?? I am asking because they all dont work.
I sat in front of the first pct and never heard and 1st pct activity.I did hear some other stuff like the second pct...I can see it now,the new york board will have lots of questions from users with new scanners , like how come I enter 155.700 and dont hear police or is the first pct on vacation because the radio is very quit..

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

davidd2957

I have to agree with Dave3825. This is the reason I started this thread in the first place. I saw that block of frequencies as "new" added in the last 7 days, and my first response was to add these frequencies to my Pro-96 and Pro-97's NYC Win files. And when I tried to monitor these "new" frequencies they were "DEAD".
As Dave stated, these frequencies should be labeled as "old,rarely used freqs" or "vhf backup freq" before some "newbie" sticks these frequencies into a scanner just to be disappointed with the lack of transmissions.
Just my .02 cents also
David D.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I am also in agreement. Most of these VHF frequencies (only about 3 - 4 of them are crosslinked to the 800mhz system), the rest are silent except at the east end where they seem to have found themselves as town frequencies.

IW_RADIO

To my knowledge, only the 2nd Precinct and Command Band are simulcasted over their respective VHF frequencies. Everything else is on the 800 TRS.

F

Firerescue3120

IW_RADIO said:
To my knowledge, only the 2nd Precinct and Command Band are simulcasted over their respective VHF frequencies. Everything else is on the 800 TRS.

I to agree with that. I haven't heard of anything other then Command and the 2nd PCT on VHF.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
FYI, the data band VHF is used, I rarely will hear it, but it is used and it is cross-linked. I have been monitoring the old Detective VHF frequency, and the best I've got from it is useless interference, I do not believe the Detective VHF is cross-linked anymore. I had submitted the working VHF links a day or 2 before Jospeh11 had posted all the old freq's.

By working I mean:
Channel 2 - 2nd PCT (simulcast of talkgroup 51376)
Channel 7 - Command (simulcast of talkgroup 60848)
Channel 9 - Data (simulast of talkgroup 62448)

Even car-to-car is unused, as it moved to 800mhz conventional, and trunked (the Countywide North, South, 1 and 2)

Last edited:
F

Firerescue3120

Data is nolonger used. Infact I even heard them make the announcement that it was out of service. I am not sure if it's permanatly out of service, but for now it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.