Recently Posted/Suffolk County PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

If any DB admins are reading this, please put "(rarely used)" (without the quotes) after all channels except for 2 and 7.

davidd2957

Removal of unused Frequencies

So what is the process to have these unused frequencies removed from the.................
"Suffolk County New York Radio Reference" header?
David D.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Joe, they should probably be totally removed as they aren't used anymore. Infact, from the looks of it, unless the frequency is used out-east, the FCC lic. for them are terminated and/or expired.

As far as the data VHF frequency is concerned, perhaps someone else is using the frequency? Because, it is still cross-linked. I have heard activity on the VHF frequency that was then also found on the data talkgroup (62448).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are there any data base admins watching this thread????
It looks like most agree that these freqs in question should be "removed" or labeled "old vhf freqs "

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are any data base admins watching this thread????

It looks like most agree that these freqs in question should be "removed" or labeled "old vhf freqs "

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Wake up NY ADMINS

I guess thats its ok for outdated or rarely used data to still appear in the data base.
The freqs in question are rarely used or outdated but who cares????

Maybe I will send in my list of all the outdated stuff I have so it can get added to the database.....

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, the database admins cannot watch and monitor each post - the forums see close to 800-1000 posts a day.

If corrections need to be sent to the database admins, please submit the information to the database using the "Submit Changes" links at the top of the database entries in questions - this ensure that the right admins get the updates and requests, and it puts it in a workflow queue.

Thanks!

Lindsay

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Don and Thanks Davidd2957 for submitting,,,

I did not want to seem like a ball buster but to be honest this site rocks and it

disappoints me to see useless, old and inacurate information start showing up here...

Joseph11

I'm not trying to start anything, but I wouldn't call it useless. Some of the frequencies are still being used and the others may still be able to be used for back-up purposes.

I like having old frequency information, just in case.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
The 2nd pct VHF is only used for dead spots north of Poliski Road in Huntington. There is a plan thats long in the tooth, to put a TRS tower up in the Camasett State park in Lloyd Harbor that would put an end to the dead spots. The Command-Highway VHF is available to village and town PDs in Suffolk that are not on the county TRS to talk to SCPD HQ [rarely done]. Also, there are two conventional 800 repeaters up to cover the 2nd pct and the north side of the7th pct. 859.7375/dpl 223 and 857.7125/dpl 223 cover thoes pcts respectivly

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
All I am saying is that these freqs should be labeled as such..
.....And info is submitted and no changes by database admin
but he had scspa talkgroup 2000 up on the site the day after it posted

k2epm

Premium Subscriber
Joseph11 said:
They're actually still used a lot (mostly patches from the TRS). I can get them down here often.

It just cracks me up that they still have to simulcast on VHF 10 years after going to a trunked system ( I hear it myself from Bethpage). Who sold them that bag of goods?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Like was said VHF thats left are usually used for the east-end towns and other towns scattered on the island that haven't transitioned to the TRS.

funkenjack

SCPD's 155.850MHz (the old Ch. 3, 3rd Pct.) and 156.030MHz (the old Ch. 8 B car-to-car) are still used in Suffolk County -- 850 is the main dispatch channel (repeater out) for the Southold Town PD on the far east end, and 030 is Southold's "Channel B" point-to-point. BTW, the SCPD's 800 TRS is clearly readable as far east as the village of Orient. Nice to be able to hear traffic from far-west Suffolk that far east.

Last edited:

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
funkenjack said:
SCPD's 155.850MHz (the old Ch. 3, 3rd Pct.) and 156.030MHz (the old Ch. 8 B car-to-car) are still used in Suffolk County -- 850 is the main dispatch channel (repeater out) for the Southold Town PD on the far east end, and 030 is Southold's "Channel B" point-to-point. BTW, the SCPD's 800 TRS is clearly readable as far east as the village of Orient. Nice to be able to hear traffic from far-west Suffolk that far east.

... I think, they have a tower in Southhampton, I don't know of any other 800 towers further out east then that. But frankly, that tower should provide the whole east end area 800 access. ... Most of the towers seem to put out ~ 75 watts ERP (according to some of the FCC entries I'm reading anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.