reception in s/ warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

i have a pro 96 is anyone have trouble with reception in south warren on the mpscs towers i have 868.1625 868.9875 i get 80 90 % and its scratchy even with out side antenna but i pick up oakland co trs great and i even at times have trouble with city of warren trs any thoughts

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
Be sure you have the latest DSP version for the 96.

Also, a Radio Shack RS800mhz Rubber Duckie antenna helped on the MPSCS sites.

But note: the reception on the Detroit and Macomb site it fairly poor to begin with, so it can be difficult, even with all of the lastest equipment (Thats what boat im in).

freqs

Jimmy252 said:
Be sure you have the latest DSP version for the 96.

Also, a Radio Shack RS800mhz Rubber Duckie antenna helped on the MPSCS sites.

But note: the reception on the Detroit and Macomb site it fairly poor to begin with, so it can be difficult, even with all of the lastest equipment (Thats what boat im in).
i have all the above it seems in the last two weeks to a month this has been a issue but only on mpscs and the warren trs i do have the dsp update the rs 800 rubber duck but it is a first generation 96 and my out door roof antenna does not seem to help or hurt the reception

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the leaves blooming on the trees may cause some reception issues on the 800mhz scanners.

freqs

gpp10x said:
I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the leaves blooming on the trees may cause some reception issues on the 800mhz scanners.
i have never had that problem before and what is funny is i live 9 mile and hoover - and i at times pick up oakland co trs better than warren trs and macombs simulicast or mpscs i understand the macomb sys but i never had a issue with mpscs and warren i think that my antenna connection is bad but how can you tell

Status
Not open for further replies.