Reception Problem with BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpaine

Network Engineer
Alrighty,

So what I have currently is a Uniden Bearcat BCT15x model scanner mounted in my car. It is powered by a cigarette plug. The antenna is a standard glass mount antenna mounted on the rear cargo window of my 2004 Chevy Suburban. The antenna is slated to do 25-1300 mHz. It picks up Allentown's EDACS trunking system, UHF, and sometimes VHF Low-Band fine. However, it has a very difficult time picking up VHF High Band which is what I need considering my County is just that. Can anyone make any suggestions to help fix the VHF reception problem on this scanner?

Thanks!

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
What brand is the antenna? Also has this problem just started?

mpaine

Network Engineer
Antenna

Its a TRAM. And it doesn't even feel chinesey. Feels like a good, strong, durable antenna. Yet this problem just started.

mpaine

Network Engineer
I feel like its a problem with how I have the scanner programmed. I tested the antenna with my buddy's bct15x and there is virtually no problem. Only thing that happens is it gets a little scratchy at speeds around 50+ mph

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I feel like its a problem with how I have the scanner programmed. I tested the antenna with my buddy's bct15x and there is virtually no problem. Only thing that happens is it gets a little scratchy at speeds around 50+ mph

Well then you could try deleting and reprograming the freqs you want to listen to into your scanner again? Did you try those freqson your buddy's BCT15X with your antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.