Reception Problems - East Oklahoma Cherokee Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
To all - lets be very clear - I and only I made the comment about the fake callsign. I never said illegal, I said fake, and in my eyes that is what it is.

No one else commented on it - just me.

K0K5CY the call sign is strictly between you and I.

Phew. 'Cause I had no idea what he was talking about. I just thought he'd mistyped his amateur callsign. :lol:

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I have this set up in my bedroom window ...NMO150 plugged in my Race 1000 ...I'm hearing all UHF / Vhf Hi and Air and every now and then 800 traffic .

I live in a apartment I have a Wilson 800/1900 omni Base antenna on top of the computer hutch and a RS 20-176 vhf uhf omni base antenna mounted on the bookcase. Both antennas are feeding into comscope splitter
r and into a FM trap and into a RF Communications 4 port CATV drop amplifier, works very good on a pro 197 and a pro 163 .

Attachments

• 2011-10-22 10.49.09.jpg
    2011-10-22 10.49.09.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 172

iamhere300

I think it is time for me to get another callsign.

K0ISSP

I am registering it with myself.

Make up your own and we can register them right here, for FREE!

(Bet no one can figure out what mine means)

giantmuh

Antenna Design and Results

Any time you get a stick up in the air, you'll get some generally fair to good results on most bands. The fact is, however, that you can get downright spectacular results with the right antenna. A 5/8th is a good choice for most applications. In practice, it gives about 2.15db gain over a quarter wave, and has a lower radiation angle. A 5/8th for 854Mhz is about 8.2 inches, and needs a matching coil at the base. A better choice still is a collinear array, which features a stack of resonant conductors with matching coils between. The 854Mhz antenna on the roof of my house is a 5/8-wave stacked above a 1/2-wave. Reception of the 854Mhz OKWIN system since I switched to this antenna has more than doubled - I am hearing the towers in Lexington, Tecumseh, Tishomingo, and Shawnee, where I could only reliably hear the Ada node of the system before. Antennas like this are available for mobile applications as well. Most dual-band amateur radio mobile antennas are collinear arrays.

-Richard, kc5tfz

http://richardbarron.net/

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I live in a apartment I have a Wilson 800/1900 omni Base antenna on top of the computer hutch and a RS 20-176 vhf uhf omni base antenna mounted on the bookcase. Both antennas are feeding into comscope splitter
r and into a FM trap and into a RF Communications 4 port CATV drop amplifier, works very good on a pro 197 and a pro 163 .

I had wondered if you could split two different antennas like that. I guess it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.