Rechargeable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
If wrong forum, please move.

I recently bought some Eneloop AA batteries from a reputable seller on eBay. When they arrived I realized they were Panasonic models and not the Sanyo models I have previously used. Same look, you'd never know the difference. My question, are these the same as the Sanyo version or is there any real difference?

doublescan

rechargeable batteries

Mark, I don't think they are the same but they may be comparable. Exact reason I avoid Ebay, as people will misrepresent items. You may be able to get more human experiences from reading the customer reviews on Amazon's website. They sell the eneloop batteries-I recently purchased some of the AA type and like them. Lifetime of those is reputed to be very good, and mine only take around 9 hours to charge, where some of my cheaper rechargeable batteries take 12 hrs.

B

Brookeff

You can ask the seller whether they are comparable or not.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I thought the MAH changed, but I am seeing the same min MAH on both. I am holding the Sanyo and Panasonic versions at present. Both work great.

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
Are there any special requirements to charge 3000 mah batteries? I guess this was a mistake, but I bought some "generic" AA batteries on Ebay and they don't seem to be charging or holding a charge. Only last a few minutes in scanner (or camera).

73, Gregg, N2UUP

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Shelf Life

Are there any special requirements to charge 3000 mah batteries? I guess this was a mistake, but I bought some "generic" AA batteries on Ebay and they don't seem to be charging or holding a charge. Only last a few minutes in scanner (or camera).

73, Gregg, N2UUP

The main reason for buying the Sanyo and/or Panasonic batteries involves the long shelf life. I've heard reports of these staying charged for months without use. I have owned batteries with a 2600 or 2800 MAH rating and charged them fine in the Eneloop battery charger without problems. I would throw those away and buy the Eneloop. You cannot go wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.