recharging a Radio Shack Pro-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestsw

Can anyone tell me if I have to have the yellow battery holder to use re-chargeable batteries
in my Pro-60, or is it safe to use the black one? Have done some interweb searches, but
can't find anything definitive.
Thank You.

CycleSycho

Can anyone tell me if I have to have the yellow battery holder to use re-chargeable batteries
in my Pro-60, or is it safe to use the black one? Have done some interweb searches, but
can't find anything definitive.
Thank You.

:D The 'black' battery holder has tabs for the power to the scanner. The yellow holders have the additional (extended) tab for the battery recharge function from the radio to the holder. If your radio has three 'clips' that engage the battery holder, then the radio can charge the batteries with the yellow holder. I modified (a long time ago) a black holder with a piece of thin brass, to extend that one tab to cover connection to the 'charging' clip on the radio. Keep in mind, I do not use regular batteries in any of my radios, so remember if you 'mod' a black holder, to NEVER use regular batteries in it while 'plugging' in the radio to A/C power. The reason they used different colors, was to 'remind' those who own them that regular batteries do not go into the yellow holder. Some people need their hands held with the way 'product liability' claims go in a litigious society. :D

midwestsw

Yes, that is the truth. Very informative answer, I thank You for the information. The on-line manual
for the radio didn't cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.