• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maalox

how many of you use 100% pure maple syrup when you eat french toast or pancakes.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Healthy brownies:

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 can of plain pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) - Just plain pumpkin.

Mix well just the ingredients above - nothing else - not even water - NOTHING. You'll be tempted to add something alse as it will be VERY thick, but trust and don't - it'll ruin the final result.

Place in muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 brownie/muffins.

I swear these taste just like brownies. They are so moist and pretty much good for you. At least they don't have all the oil/eggs.

jimyleg

Spaghetti sauce /_\
Fresh - Parsly, basil, can of stwed tomatos, oilve oil, onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, half a teaspoon of balsamic vinager of modena, chives, vegitebles if you like..
cooke separately beef, sausage, chicken, etc.

Fried ravioli - rosetto raviolo from the freezer isle, boil for 5 minutes on high heat. Bring large fry pan to medium heat and fry ravioli with parsly, basil, seasonings - extra virgin oilive oil until golden on each side. Damn good.

JnglMassiv

Japanese Steakhouse-style Salad Dressing

1/4 cup minced onions
1/4 cup peanut or olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoons water
1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoons minced celery
1 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
Hardy dash of fresh ground black pepper

Blend until smooth.

This dressing is made from stuff I usually have onhand and is better than any bottled crap I've ever had. Great as a dip, too! Fresh ginger is a must.

Taramasalata
(Greek roe spread/dip)

1 small onion
1/2 cup tarama (carp or cod roe)
1 medium potato, peeled and boiled
1/3 cup lemon juice or as desired
1/2 cup olive oil
Bunch of flat parsley, finely chopped

Blend all except parsley until smooth. Stir parsely in. Serve with bread, toast points or pita. Great as a sandwich spread or veggie dip. Tarama is available at many Greek or Italian specialty food shops.

rescue161 said:
Healthy brownies:

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 can of plain pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) - Just plain pumpkin.

Mix well just the ingredients above - nothing else - not even water - NOTHING. You'll be tempted to add something alse as it will be VERY thick, but trust and don't - it'll ruin the final result.

Place in muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 brownie/muffins.

I swear these taste just like brownies. They are so moist and pretty much good for you. At least they don't have all the oil/eggs.
ROFLMAO, I was thinking you were going to put in all these ingredients like eggs, tons of sugar etc, basically making it as unhealthy as possible and at the end having a little line that says:

Serving Suggestion: Do not eat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
TXFirefighter112 said:
ROFLMAO, I was thinking you were going to put in all these ingredients like eggs, tons of sugar etc, basically making it as unhealthy as possible and at the end having a little line that says:

Serving Suggestion: Do not eat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe me, if I would have seen my wife make it, I probably wouldn't eaten it either. She waited until I was raving about how good they were to tell me how she made them.

They are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.