Recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maalox

how many of you use 100% pure maple syrup when you eat french toast or pancakes.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Healthy brownies:

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 can of plain pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) - Just plain pumpkin.

Mix well just the ingredients above - nothing else - not even water - NOTHING. You'll be tempted to add something alse as it will be VERY thick, but trust and don't - it'll ruin the final result.

Place in muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 brownie/muffins.

I swear these taste just like brownies. They are so moist and pretty much good for you. At least they don't have all the oil/eggs.

jimyleg

Spaghetti sauce /_\
Fresh - Parsly, basil, can of stwed tomatos, oilve oil, onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, half a teaspoon of balsamic vinager of modena, chives, vegitebles if you like..
cooke separately beef, sausage, chicken, etc.

Fried ravioli - rosetto raviolo from the freezer isle, boil for 5 minutes on high heat. Bring large fry pan to medium heat and fry ravioli with parsly, basil, seasonings - extra virgin oilive oil until golden on each side. Damn good.

JnglMassiv

Japanese Steakhouse-style Salad Dressing

1/4 cup minced onions
1/4 cup peanut or olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoons water
1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoons minced celery
1 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
Hardy dash of fresh ground black pepper

Blend until smooth.

This dressing is made from stuff I usually have onhand and is better than any bottled crap I've ever had. Great as a dip, too! Fresh ginger is a must.

Taramasalata
(Greek roe spread/dip)

1 small onion
1/2 cup tarama (carp or cod roe)
1 medium potato, peeled and boiled
1/3 cup lemon juice or as desired
1/2 cup olive oil
Bunch of flat parsley, finely chopped

Blend all except parsley until smooth. Stir parsely in. Serve with bread, toast points or pita. Great as a sandwich spread or veggie dip. Tarama is available at many Greek or Italian specialty food shops.

rescue161 said:
Healthy brownies:

1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 can of plain pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) - Just plain pumpkin.

Mix well just the ingredients above - nothing else - not even water - NOTHING. You'll be tempted to add something alse as it will be VERY thick, but trust and don't - it'll ruin the final result.

Place in muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 brownie/muffins.

I swear these taste just like brownies. They are so moist and pretty much good for you. At least they don't have all the oil/eggs.
ROFLMAO, I was thinking you were going to put in all these ingredients like eggs, tons of sugar etc, basically making it as unhealthy as possible and at the end having a little line that says:

Serving Suggestion: Do not eat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
TXFirefighter112 said:
ROFLMAO, I was thinking you were going to put in all these ingredients like eggs, tons of sugar etc, basically making it as unhealthy as possible and at the end having a little line that says:

Serving Suggestion: Do not eat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe me, if I would have seen my wife make it, I probably wouldn't eaten it either. She waited until I was raving about how good they were to tell me how she made them.

They are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.