Recommend a scanner for east hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill84

Is there a cheap scanner available to monitor fire/police for brandon/valrico area? I had a mhz scanner about 10 years ago, up north, but it looks like things have changed since then. Do I need a digital trunking capable scanner? What can I receive with an analog scanner?

Thanks
Bill

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hello Bill,

From your area you'll need a analog capable scanner such as a the Uniden BCD396XT portable analog/digital or the 996XT mobile/base analog/digital scanner to be abled pick up the Hillsborough County EDAC's system. Keep in mind HC just received a year ago ''not sure how long ago'' a P25 digital system that is up and running but there is not any activity on the P25 system as of yet.

- Jamie

bill84

Thats way more than I was hoping to spend. I guess I'll have to stick to the app on my phone.

Thanks for the help.
And thanks to all those who broadcast the online feeds.

miccona

i work in tampa and have the bcd396xt it works great for that area...

Is there a cheap scanner available to monitor fire/police for brandon/valrico area? I had a mhz scanner about 10 years ago, up north, but it looks like things have changed since then. Do I need a digital trunking capable scanner? What can I receive with an analog scanner?

Thanks
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.