Recommend scanner for MARCS-IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomW

Hi all
I sold my HP1 to a friend back in MD over a year ago as I was not too tickled with what I was picking up after moving to St.Clairsville (Belmont co.) Now I am getting the urge to get a scanner again. I would like to know if one scanner is 'more' future-proof than another for what is happening and going to happen here in Ohio. I am familiar with the HP1 and Sentinel and also the GRE PSR-500 with WIN500 so that is stearing me towards Uniden or Whistler. I would like get any recommendations for any new scanner that will work best here on MARCS-IP and Ohio in general (and maybe a little western Pa, Wv.) and why. HO's are welcome IMHO.
Dominic

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I also live in st.clairsville and I use a uniden 536 and a psr-800 and both do great to hear Belmont county Ohio Marcs-ip wv sirn (since Marshall county and Ohio county including wheeling are on the state system) and Washington county when I listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DomW

I have been listening to Broadcastify lately but want more control on what I listen to. Do you know why the local police are encrypted here?

P.S. check you PM

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Do you know why the local police are encrypted here?

Simple answer. . . because they can.

It's highly unlikely that there was a severe problem in Belmont County with scofflaws monitoring the dispatch channels, and while it would have been perfectly acceptable to encrypt everything but dispatch, they chose to go the extreme route.

DomW

Simple answer. . . because they can.

It's highly unlikely that there was a severe problem in Belmont County with scofflaws monitoring the dispatch channels, and while it would have been perfectly acceptable to encrypt everything but dispatch, they chose to go the extreme route.

Any idea how that one got passed? I wonder if anyone has successfully reversed "their" police department going encrypted? Before I start a Foo storm I'll say that there are many occasions where they should scramble their communications for their safety and ours. But "always" and "everything" is not.
Dominic

Status
Not open for further replies.