Recommend USB Audio Device That INCLUDES DRIVERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenH999

Sure hope ya'll can help. I need a USB Audio Device that comes WITH DRIVERS for use on a Win 10 PC.

Long story short, PnP for the usual USB Audio Devices is NOT working on my PC. I'll eventually have to do a Windows reinstall but the PC is working and I'm in no rush to do so. I'm simply trying to connect REC audio from a BCT15X to the PC and ProScan for recording. PC has no line in jack so an external device is needed.

My Win 10 Pro UPnP simply isn't recognizing the SABRENT AU-MMSA. I know the device works because it's recognized on laptop but no go on desktop PC.

Do you know of a USB audio device that comes with drivers?

Thanks.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have posted this like several times I am running 6 4 on the same PC Win 10 Pro 64

bb911

I've got that same device and Windows 10 on my laptop and it sometimes goes unrecognized, yet I find it in Device Manager under 'audio inputs and outputs' and/or 'sound,video and game controllers'. When this happens I 'update' the audio drivers by picking 'browse my computer for driver' > 'Let me pick...'. > I pick 'usb audio device' (audio endpoint drivers sometimes appear on the list of choices). I've solved so many Windows problems by 'updating' drivers that aren't in need of updating, just reinstalling via the above update method.

boy7777777777

1Z9Y97E30293303269. I have 2 of these and have never had an issue. They don’t require a driver though. They even work on Android.

wowologist

Certifiable
I had a similar problem with setting up Zello to pipe my scanner audio through the very same USB device. It turned out to be Win10 privacy settings, drove me crazy till I came across a YT video describing a similar problem. Unlocked the privacy settings and viola worked and works like a charm..but every now and again when we get the infamous "fall/winter/summer/spring" whatever updates and I have to go through it again.

Put this (windows 10 microphone privacy settings) in Google and and it will take you to many iterations of the problem.

If ofcourse the device is actually installed and viewable in the device manager. And kindof an addendum ...Since w10 release it has used a "unified" driver architecture with audio endpoints - the driver is literally universal to the bus that its using so the 3.99$ USB soundcard ....is using the very same USB in driver as the 200$ super duper name brand USB audio device. It's generally the software/DSP that utilizes that bus data into audio endpoints/streams into the different quality levels.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
1Z9Y97E30293303269. I have 2 of these and have never had an issue. They don’t require a driver though. They even work on Android.

You posted your UPS tracking number instead of a link to the actual device.

KenH999

I've got that same device and Windows 10 on my laptop and it sometimes goes unrecognized, yet I find it in Device Manager under 'audio inputs and outputs' and/or 'sound,video and game controllers'. When this happens I 'update' the audio drivers by picking 'browse my computer for driver' > 'Let me pick...'. > I pick 'usb audio device' (audio endpoint drivers sometimes appear on the list of choices). I've solved so many Windows problems by 'updating' drivers that aren't in need of updating, just reinstalling via the above update method.

Are you referring to the Sabrent device? Or the 6 channel device posted above?

wowologist

Certifiable
I need a little more info from you and I could probably walk you through what has happened. When you insert the Sabrent, does it show up in the device manager? (When you say "recognized" do you mean it does not show in your audio settings as a device BUT it does show up in the device manager?)

KenH999

Thanks. I have a post in another section with my problem details so wont get into it all here. Bottom line, Win 10 will NOT load or install native drivers for the USB device. All attempts and methods to update drivers as you mention fails to find and install them. Thus, until I fix the larger issue with a Win 10 reinstall (not now, PC works fine otherwise) need a device with it's own drivers.

Attachments

• device manager.png
    device manager.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 7

wowologist

Certifiable
Ahh ok thats an easy one....right click select remove device AND select delete driver. Shutdown, while its off remove the sabrent, restart fully, REinsert the sabrent INTO A DIFFERENT USB port. Take a screen shot of what w10 does then. IF it asks for a driver, click the X and close that box, then shutdown, leave the sabrent in place and restart.

And BTW no need to re-install W10 just use the Windows Refresh.

KenH999

Ahh ok thats an easy one....right click select remove device AND select delete driver. Shutdown, while its off remove the sabrent, restart fully, REinsert the sabrent INTO A DIFFERENT USB port. Take a screen shot of what w10 does then. IF it asks for a driver, click the X and close that box, then shutdown, leave the sabrent in place and restart.

And BTW no need to re-install W10 just use the Windows Refresh.

I don't want to get slammed for this turning into a cross-post. My OP on the problems here: New Proscan User - BCT15X - Recorder

I've done all that and repeated. Tried EVERY port. Uninstalled, deleted, rebooted, numerous times. Result is always what's seen in above screenshot. During all this I also discovered a "corrupted component store" error after trying to run SFC and DISM.

ArloG

For a very good, cheap, and no-driver pnp USB interface that works very nice try a Behringer UCA202 or one of the UCA variants.
I've had one for several years. PC, Mac, Linux. Every one of my friends who saw how easy they are to use had to have one for their first audio interface.
That's about all I can say for a driver less solution. Works great with Audacity and "tons" of other software. Check out their page and read the specs and reviews.

wowologist

Certifiable
And also you already have a "second" audio in port on that machine (wether its actually mounted is another story) the device above that in the device manager is the realtek second audio port which can be used for an input as well as an output. Its the front panel (or top on some machines) audio jacks.

KenH999

I had a similar problem with setting up Zello to pipe my scanner audio through the very same USB device. It turned out to be Win10 privacy settings, drove me crazy till I came across a YT video describing a similar problem. Unlocked the privacy settings and viola worked and works like a charm..but every now and again when we get the infamous "fall/winter/summer/spring" whatever updates and I have to go through it again.

Put this (windows 10 microphone privacy settings) in Google and and it will take you to many iterations of the problem.

If ofcourse the device is actually installed and viewable in the device manager. And kindof an addendum ...Since w10 release it has used a "unified" driver architecture with audio endpoints - the driver is literally universal to the bus that its using so the 3.99$ USB soundcard ....is using the very same USB in driver as the 200$ super duper name brand USB audio device. It's generally the software/DSP that utilizes that bus data into audio endpoints/streams into the different quality levels.

The privacy settings were one of the very first things I checked when the problem occurred. Thanks.

KenH999

I have posted this like several times I am running 6 4 on the same PC Win 10 Pro 64

Thank you. I saw that earlier. Initially thought it was overkill since I only want to connect 1 scanner but in the absence of anything else I'll give it a try.

wowologist

Certifiable
well then use Zadig (or do you already have a rtl-sdr and used zadig and it botched when you selected the wrong USB device?

KenH999

And also you already have a "second" audio in port on that machine (wether its actually mounted is another story) the device above that in the device manager is the realtek second audio port which can be used for an input as well as an output. Its the front panel (or top on some machines) audio jacks.

ONE speaker OUT jack is all the PC has. Believe me, I've looked hard, more than once. This is a Dell refurb Optiplex 7040 business machine. Few bells and whistles.

KenH999

well then use Zadig (or do you already have a rtl-sdr and used zadig and it botched when you selected the wrong USB device?

I have a (genuine) RTL-SDR V3 running. It's been running from day 1 with the source "RTL-SDR (USB)".

Unfamiliar with how I'd use Zadig to solve this??

wowologist

Certifiable
Ya I see 4 different variations of that machine. IF you do actually have a driver store problem, I'd just run windows refresh and let it rebuild itself. I doubt any sound device you insert (since they all are going to be using the same USB unified driver in) is going to cause what you are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.