Recommendation for antenna cable to handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy 75' of cable (LMR-400?) to go from my handheld scanner to my antenna? It would be best if I could have the cable made with a PL-259 on one end (the antenna), and a SMA male for my Yaesu and BCD436HP. I am not sure what companies offer custom adapters for this. Thank you for any assistance.

questnz

Ive got similar arrangement with my scanners with 5D-FB cable, you just buy short 2-3m (or shorter if you need eg 6") RG174 or RG316 pigtail cable with SMA connector on end to feed your canner. The loss is minimal for short run and work vell with receive only requirement.

mm

trauts14

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The Antenna Farm will make custom cables to your specs. They'll use -real- LMR-400, not the Chinese knockoff stuff.

Have them install the PL-259 on one end, then use a female N on the other. Use a short jumper of RG-58 or similar light/flexible cable with a male N on one end and a male SMA on the other. You really don't want to connect LMR-400 or similar heavy cables directly to your scanner. That can put a lot of stress on the antenna connection. SMA connectors are not super strong.

If you have Antenna Farm build the cable for you, spring for the extra heat shrink tubing on all the connectors. This helps with strain relief. And don't forget to properly waterproof your outdoor connectors.

https://www.theantennafarm.com/cata...r-400-9913-cable-395/low-loss-rg-8-cable-407/

Status
Not open for further replies.