Recommendation for best software R9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_rachel

Hi folks,
I am wondering if I can poll your thoughts on the best controller ci-v software out there to run the R9000. It is so complicated to run from the front panel that I would like some program that simplifies as well as amplifies the capabilities of the receiver. I am partial to waterfall displays or panadaptor display software also. What would you buy if you had my shoes?

dr_rachel

Thank you for the references. What I need is something to simplify rather than further complicate operation of the receiver and I am interested in spectrum and bandscope or panadapter display. A lot of software makes the receiver even more complicated to use. Almost like using assembly language to program it which in the opposite direction. Otherwise I would use command line statements in linux.

What do people think is a more simplified programmer for the R9000?

Thank you, Rachel.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
A lot of software makes the receiver even more complicated to use.

I've never liked programing any ICOM communication gear, with, or with out software. Everything looks and feels, and sometimes operates like a total kludge. I think the features and performance of their receivers has been highly overrated as well.

dr_rachel

I agree. I have had all sorts of sophisticated receivers and they have been really sexy but totally obtuse to learn how to operate. WatkinsJohnson is a veritable chastity belt of receivers. I remember growing up with my father's ham equipment and he had an SX-101A. I loved that receiver because it was so simple to operate like a magic carpet to the world. I still have one of those for nostagia sake. Why can't they simplify the new equipment? Does that imply you are dumb if you want one?
Rachel.

Status
Not open for further replies.