Recommendation for North Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidHybrid

Hi I'm looking at getting my first scanner, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a device that's newbie friendly, and works with North Shore broadcasts. (Cheap would be a bonus as well) Thanks!

KC9TGE

Hi I'm looking at getting my first scanner, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a device that's newbie friendly, and works with North Shore broadcasts. (Cheap would be a bonus as well) Thanks!
I'm afraid "cheap" isn't in the cards for you. Milwaukee County is in the process of switching to a P25 digital radio system. Both Uniden and Whistler use the Radio Reference database to help with the programming.

Now all that's left to decide is which flavor of want or need be it either base/mobile or handheld.

Good luck and Happy Scanning

doublem

Premium Subscriber
I'm afraid "cheap" isn't in the cards for you. Milwaukee County is in the process of switching to a P25 digital radio system. Both Uniden and Whistler use the Radio Reference database to help with the programming.

Now all that's left to decide is which flavor of want or need be it either base/mobile or handheld.

Good luck and Happy Scanning

Cheap no longer exists with today's systems and specifications. Cheap Check Radio Reference Forum for scanner sales. Conduct lots of comparison pricing on the internet before you buy anything, anywhere! Scanners are like beer...it is all relative to your liking and not mine or anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.