Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdatkinson

I posted originally in the Uniden forum:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=848917&posted=1#post848917

However my questions have swayed toward the PSR600, so I'm moving over here.

I've done some Google'ing and the only negative I've seen reported is that the PSR600 is unable to skip over encrypted talkgroups. Or at least is was unable to four or so months ago.

Is this still an issue? That would be the only thing pushing me down the BCD996 road at this point.

Thanks.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It cannot for a P25 system. You must lock out of bear with the sound. I wouldn't let that sway you away from it though unless you always listen to half-encrypted talkgroups.

hoser147

Reference to the PSR 600 being heavy enough to take the riggers of Patrol car use I dont think it will be a problem the thing is built like a tank.................Hoser

Highpockets

I posted originally in the Uniden forum:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=848917&posted=1#post848917

However my questions have swayed toward the PSR600, so I'm moving over here.

I've done some Google'ing and the only negative I've seen reported is that the PSR600 is unable to skip over encrypted talkgroups. Or at least is was unable to four or so months ago.

Is this still an issue? That would be the only thing pushing me down the BCD996 road at this point.

Thanks.

That's the number 1 thing I would like to see GRE add, skip over encrypted communications. With apco25 systems springing up more and more, at least if they only encrypt dispatch, you would be able to listen to the cars, without going nuts listening to the encryption.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Here in Utah we have several TGs that are encrypted. I noticed yesterday that my PSR-550 was skipping over an encrypted TG. Even when I "parked" the radio on the TG, it still would not open the squelch. Any ideas??

Highpockets

Here in Utah we have several TGs that are encrypted. I noticed yesterday that my PSR-550 was skipping over an encrypted TG. Even when I "parked" the radio on the TG, it still would not open the squelch. Any ideas??

I should have said on conventional frequencies, now that you mentioned that, I'll have to add a enc talk group in a trunked system and see what happens. The county I live in seems to be heading in the Apco 25 conventional direction so far.

DonS

Sounds like you're referring to a Motorola system where the "call grants" have the "encrypted" status bit set. The PSR-500 will ignore those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.