Recommendations for 2m/70cm Dual Band 50W+ Mobile Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrath

If you get the 710 ga, it's extremely easy to program from the front panel and can display frequency and alpha numeric at the same time , they are a joy to operate!
The menu system is outstanding ,and unlike Icom it includes all the mounting hardware for desk or mobile mount, I picked my third rig up on a Christmas sale got it for $509 worth every penny .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

w5rah

I still have a 208H and it's predecessor the 207H, and agree about its simple interface. Usually Icom does a good job with it, and with that you may want to revisit the 2730, as it follows a similar logic to its interface. I also have a FTM-100DR and while it's very nice, it's interface is not as simple as the 208H. I haven't used Kenwood mobiles in awhile so I can't speak for them, but they have been good in the past. If you are looking for something inexpensive to toss around, the 25 watt Leixen UV-898S and it's Jetstream clone can be had for around $75, and for a cheap radio, in its newest version of firmware (1.07 I think) its interface really isn't too bad. I have one for something to toss into a car with a mag mount and it works pretty good.

wrath

I have a couple of 710 ga they are awesome to uee with the menus, i just recently got a FT 1 XDR and the menu system is kinda bad, i have this mental block of buying a dual band radio that only does 1 band at a time.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

SonicN

How about Zastone D9000? Can't recommend it yet, but once it's received and tested I can come back to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.