Recommendations for mobile / hand held scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dromanchyk

I've wanted to mount a mobile scanner in my car for some time, so I don't have the hassle or bringing the handheld in and out. But looking at the top of the line models (I need the latest in digital trunking capabilities), all of their footprints seem to be large (11 or 12 inches by 7 or 8 inches). Just a little too big to mount under the glove box. I'd go with a nice handheld unit, heck, I could squeeze that in behind the center console). The only problem is I want one that will turn on and start scanning as soon as I turn on the power. I have a Grecom 800 and love it, but even when the batteries are out and its wired into the car power, you have to hit buttons twice to actually start scanning. Are there any handhelds out there that will start scanning when power is applied, and/or is there a smaller mobile scanner I may have missed. Thanks ! Dan KB2DR

RFI-EMI-GUY

Ditto on the BCD536HP. I would suggest getting a decent external speaker to go along with it because in many mounting configurations the internal speaker might be blocked. External sounds better as well.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

_sundown_

Bcd536hp is the ticket imo. I use the bcd15x (analog only) for all my California driving (where I live), my only interest is CHP so it's good enough for me. Plus it has Bear Tracker. Again, analog only even though CHP has digital as well I believe. Anyways, BCD536 is a great one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.