Recommendations for Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I am planning to order my scanner soon. I am going to order from Scanmaster. I am going to get the GPS with it. Do you recommend getting software with it or one of the free ones online? I plan to program my area as well as areas that are on my route from Memphis to Arkansas, Memphis to Chicago and Memphis to south Carolina for when we travel to visit family. I am going to go with a roof antenna since there are already hole in the roof from the dapartment that had it. Recommendations of a cable and antenna to go with it? My local area runs on the 800-900Mhz range. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tryton

Free Scan it a wonderful piece of software! I use it as well as Proscan.. I use Proscan for my feed

scanningisfun

I am planning to order my scanner soon. I am going to order from Scanmaster. I am going to get the GPS with it. Do you recommend getting software with it or one of the free ones online? I plan to program my area as well as areas that are on my route from Memphis to Arkansas, Memphis to Chicago and Memphis to south Carolina for when we travel to visit family. I am going to go with a roof antenna since there are already hole in the roof from the dapartment that had it. Recommendations of a cable and antenna to go with it? My local area runs on the 800-900Mhz range. Thanks!

I would either use Freescan or BCTool. There are other ones you can pay for such as the ARC software.

For the antennas: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Scanner_Antennas

Jacob

StephenVa

I think software is going to be a personal choice. I tried a few of them and was split between ProScan and Freescan. I ended up buying a copy of ProScan.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Freescan and signed up for a premium member account. If this goes into the scanner as easy as it seem for me to be able to get the channels set up this is going to be a breeze!

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Check w WX4EMT. He has programming stuff. He programmed mine and he may have what you need.

I am sure I will! He and I live in the same area and I pick up my ppv Tahoe next week so I will check his out for inspiration I am sure

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
I am sure I will! He and I live in the same area and I pick up my ppv Tahoe next week so I will check his out for inspiration I am sure

If you go to his station then you will meet me as well as he is the medic at my station. He is a good person and very knowledgable with radios.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
If you go to his station then you will meet me as well as he is the medic at my station. He is a good person and very knowledgable with radios.

Awesome! It's great to have helpful and friendly people in the area! And to think, I found all this by typing "ppv Tahoe" into google so I could dream while I waited to find my Tahoe! I can't wait to meet you both and get my Tahoe geared up!

Status
Not open for further replies.