Reconnect with VLC or use another player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

If anyone out there is familar with MelsGarage's feeds or any other feeds similar, you will know that, on one side, you hear one thing (L) and on the other, you hear another thing (R).

On MelsGarage's NYPD feed, I only wish to hear the right side and VLC let's me choose just that, and it will then play the right side audio of the stream out of both left and right speakers, which I have never seen this feature in any other player.

Though, one thing bugs me about VLC and this feed, after a while, it seems to just freeze. I mean, it doesn't seem to disconnect but it stops playing and I have to reconnect. It will pause at like 43:00:00:00, meaning the seconds freeze, yet the player it self doesn't freeze or appear to be disconnected.

Also VLC seems to increase the volume of the audio in which mplayer (Linux) doesn't seem to increase the volume, so sometimes the stream is hard to hear and Winamp, nor mplayer seem to actually have a way to play only one side of the audio and Winamp isn't as loud either.

KC0QNB

I use VLC and it works ok but I never tried that feed, or any other feed for that long, I wonder if it is losing sync or if trying to buffer more than it can handle, try this one and see it it works better, with the the QCD player (linked) you can manually set things like buffer pre-buffer and some other things, I just don't remember them all.
Another idea is to go to http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and send an email and ask for help forum is here good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.